Check Register Tip - Round Up

Whenever you write a check, round up when you record it in your register. For example, if you write a check for $72.35, round up to $73.00. Not only does this make it easy to add and subtract, you will end up at the end of the month with a bit of bonus money. You can keep this in your checking account for a cushion to prevent bounced checks. Or you may put it into a savings account. Or just use it for a special treat you otherwise would not be able to enjoy.

By Kathy Y.

Answers:

Check Register Tip - Round Up

I don't like to pose an argument, but I work in a bank and when customers may have a problem in balancing their checkbook and they use the round up method, it is more difficult to find the error, like if they had forgotten to record a transaction. If you are doing the round up method just be wary in your calculations. (11/08/2004)

By luckylange

Check Register Tip - Round Up

I agree with luckylange. I know a lot of people who swear by the "rounding up" system. For me I have no clue how they are ever able to balance their checkbooks! This system would confuse me totally.

So in order to have that same "cushion" I routinely set aside $5 or $10 a week to be transferred into savings. That way I have the same cushion that the rounder-uppers have without the confusion in my checkbook. (05/08/2009)

By Cricketnc

Check Register Tip - Round Up
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Register Tape
Uses for Register Tape Spools
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Looking at a grocery receipt.
Dealing With Mistakes at the Cash Register
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 20, 2016 at 12:56:57 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 873 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.