"Cheryl & Co. Frosted Cut-Out Cookies" Recipe

I am making the Cheryl and Co. butter frosted cut out cookies. In the recipe, the frosting doesn't call for butter. Although there is no butter, will it taste like the original? Also, if I use liners on my cookie sheet, do I still need to grease it?

By Mizfour from Queens, NY

Answers:

"Cheryl and Co. Frosted Cut-Out Cookies" Recipe

I use parchment paper all the time when I bake cookies, and I never grease it. (04/14/2009)

By MCW

Royal Icing has no butter, and it dries hard. It's the one to use on cookies. Otherwise you couldn't stack them. The originals were probably made that way too, so they should taste the same if you've used the same flavorings.

They say you have to be very sure that no butter at all touches this icing, in order for it to dry hard. I just looked at the recipe and it has veg. oil in the frosting, and I admit I have never heard of that. I can't even imagine how it would taste, and surely it wouldn't dry hard.

If you aren't worried about stacking them, I'd use unsalted butter in the icing. (04/16/2009)

By Jeneene

Please post the cookie recipe.
Thank you.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) There is a copycat recipe archived at the bottom of this page. (05/05/2009)

By barb07

Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Recipe Cards
Using Recipe Cards
preparing a recipe
Converting the Size of a Recipe
Welbilt Bread Maker
Finding Welbilt Bread Maker Recipe Books
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 2:40:45 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.