Chicken Fajita Recipes

Category Main Dishes
fajita chicken and vegetables
A popular Mexican seasoned meat and vegetable fry that is delicious for dinner with tortillas, refried beans and rice. This page contains chicken fajita recipes.

A tasty and easy recipe to make. I baked it in the toaster oven to avoid heating up the kitchen. I served mine over rice, instead of with tortillas.

Total Time: 15 min prep, 30 minutes cooking

Yield: 6-8 servings

Source: Lynn's Kitchen Adventures

• 2 lb chicken cutlets, cut in bite-sized pieces
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup fajita seasoning
  • 3 bell peppers, any color
  • 1 onion
  • torillas, sour cream, and cheese

1. Combine the chicken, oil and seasoning in a bowl. Mix until all the chicken is covered.
  2. Line a pan with foil. Spread the chicken on the pan.
  3. Ad
  4. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. While chicken is baking, slice onions in rings and peppers in long strips.
  5. Take chicken out of oven. Add the onion and peppers to the chicken. Stir to combine.
  6. Bake another 15 minutes. Chicken should be done and vegetables should be tender.
  7. Serve with tortillas and toppings.

One of my favorites!

• 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
  • Ad
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 medium onion, sliced lengthwise
  • 1 green pepper, cut into strips
  • 1/2 lemon

Directions:

Combine first 5 ingredients. Pour over chicken strips and marinate 15 minutes or more. Heat oil; add chicken and stir fry approximately 3 minutes, or until chicken loses it's pink color. Add vegetables and stir fry until tender. Squeeze lemon over chicken before serving. Place in warm flour tortillas.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

I love fajitas! One day I got the craving, but didn't know how to flavor it. I set to Googling, read tons of recipes, then adapted them to my own recipe. Each serving is 285 calories, 43g protein, 6g fat, and 2.5g fiber. Considering that the average adult woman needs 46g protein per day, this meal is superb for those on diets! Did I mention that I LOVE FAJITAS?! =0)

Directions:

In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, cilantro, and Splenda; set aside.

Slice onions into rings or wedges. Wash, seed and slice bell peppers into long strips; set aside.

Slice chicken breasts into thin strips. Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium to med-high, and saute the garlic for about 1 minute. Add in chicken, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, and cook on medium heat until no longer pink.

Add in onions and peppers and stir together. Cook on medium heat until onions and peppers are softened to a tender-crisp, or how you prefer.

Drizzle lime mixture on top, and mix together. Cook for another minute or two, then take off heat.

Note: When dieting, I do not use cheese or tortillas with my fajitas. Sometimes I will place my fajitas over a serving of brown rice, though, if I've watched my calories during the day. I like Uncle Ben's Fast and Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice. Each serving (1/4 dry = about 1 cup cooked) contains 170 calories, 4g protein, 1g fat, and 2g fiber.

Servings: 4
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
15 Minutes Cooking Time

By Beth from Dublin, OH

Ingredients

• 1 tsp. oil
  • 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1/4 cup Italian dressing
  • 3 cups pre-cut stir fry vegetables
  • 2 tsp. chili powder
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, cook 5 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add in dressing, vegetables and chili powder. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Arrange chicken mixture on flour tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and roll up.

Amy Mahoney0 found this helpful

This rainbow of a low fat meal can be served as is for a delicious low-carb option, or pour over rice or wrap in a flour tortilla for a family-friendly favorite.

Heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing vegetables and chili powder...

Does anyone have the recipe for chicken fajitas?

Sabrina from Council, NC

Slow-Cooker Fajitas, serves 8-10 people

1 1/2 - 2 lbs. flank or skirt steak, or boneless chicken

1 onion, thinly sliced

1 red or green pepper, sliced

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 jalopeno chile, seeded and finely chopped

2 tsp. chili powder

1/2 tsp. ground cumin

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 cup chicken broth

1 tB. fresh lemon juice

warm tortillas

sour cream

avocado

cheese

lettuce

tomato

salsa

any of your favorite toppings

Cut meat across the grain into 1/2 inch diagonal strips. Place in a slow cook cooker. Top with onion and bell pepper. In a small bowl, combine garlic, chile, chili powder, cumin, salt, chicken broth and lemon juice. Pour mixture over meat. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 6 1/2 hours.

Easy recipe for chicken fajitas. Slice deboned chicken breast into desired size pieces. Marinate in half salsa half water. You can also marinate desired veggies, i.e. onions, peppers, mushrooms.

Cook in skillet with a little oil to keep from sticking. Serve with cheese, sour cream, more salsa on tortillas.

I marinate chicken in orange juice, ground cumin and black pepper to use in chicken fajitas. It makes it pretty yummy!

A real easy way to fix these is buy a package of precooked fajita chicken, Tyson is a good brand. Put a dab of oil in a frying pan, saute bell pepper and onion strips until softened, add the chicken, warm through. Place flour tortillas in a paper towels and warm up in the microwave. Homemade salsa goes good on these.

Making a larger batch? Just take chicken breasts, slice into thin strips. Marinate a few hours or overnight before cooking either on the grill or in a skillet. Marinate with oil, garlic, lime juice, a little worceshire (sp), a litttle liquid smoke, and some garlic salt. If you cook on the grill you can make a 'pan' out of foil to cook them in or use a throw away or maybe you have an old pan you use for the grill. Let the chicken cook for just a little before adding the peppers and onions so the vegetables don't get too soft.

Fajitas are easy!

All you need to do is to take the desired amount of chicken, and cut into strips or dice it. Put it in a hot skillet with a bit of olive oil. Add strips of green peppers and onions, ad well as minced garlic to taste (jalapenos or other hot peppers can be added as well, to taste.)

Season with chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder and celery salt. (Around 1/4-1/2 tsp each, again to taste). The real secret that will make them taste "authentic" is tomato bullion. If you look in the hispanic section in your local grocery (here they even have it in Dollar General) you can get a really bit bottle of tomato bullion for around $3. Just sprinkle a little over your fajita mixture along with your other spices - you won't want to add salt, as the bullion is pretty salty.

Saute until chicken is done (juices run clear) and onions and peppers are tender. Wrap up in a warm flour or corn tortilla -- yum!

These are my authentic Mexican fajitas, and the same method and spices can be used with other meats. I especially like to make fajitas tejana which includes beef, chicken, and shrimp.

We used to go to a restaurant called "Chi-Chi's", and our favorite meal was Chicken Chajitas (Fajitas).

We asked them how they prepared them. The cook told us all there was to it was to cut boneless/skinless chicken breasts into strips and marinate them in Italian salad dressing for at least a few hours. I also buy the green and red peppers and onions in the frozen food section. I use my George Foreman grill and put the chicken and pepper/onion mix on there at the same time. I usually have salsa, cheese, and sour cream to add to the fajitas. They always disappear, and it's one of the few dishes I always get compliments on. lol.

Lime juice is a must in any fajita recipe, I think.