Chicken Sandwich Recipes

Hot or cold, sliced or as salad, chicken sandwiches are a popular meal that is easy to make. This page contains chicken sandwich recipes.

February 16, 2017 Flag

raw chicken breasts

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This gravy topped, open faced sandwich recipe is tasty and easy to make. This page shows you how to make a smothered chicken sandwich.

May 5, 2010 Flag

All I can say is YUM! ;-)

*it's easier to slice thinly if you freeze for about 20 minutes first.

Directions:

Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, cilantro, green onions, lime zest, lime juice and hot sauce in a shallow dish. Add the chicken and marinade for about 30 minutes, turning once.

Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken until almost cooked through. Spread chicken out in an even layer, top evenly with cheese and continue to cook until cheese is just melted.

Meanwhile, mash together the avocados, red onion, tomato, jalapeno and lemon juice in a medium bowl and season with salt.

Evenly spread guacamole on two of the toasted bread slices and top each with lettuce and the chicken and cheese. Top with the other two toasted bread slices and serve.

By Deeli

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This recipe sounds like a menu item at our favorite

Mexican restaurant. I will try your recipe and save a few bucks.

Thanks.

ww

May 23, 2016 Flag

Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

This is a guide about slow cooker barbecue chicken sandwiches. Using your slow cooker for making barbecue chicken for sandwiches is convenient and you get that great slow cooked flavor.

August 17, 2009 Flag

Boil chicken pieces with bay leaf and parsley in water to cover in saucepan until tender. Bone chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Combine chicken, pineapple, celery and mayonnaise in bowl, mixing well.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 27, 2006 Flag

Combine mayonnaise, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce; reserve 1/3 cup mayonnaise mixture. Brush chicken with remaining mayonnaise mixture; grill or broil 7-10 minutes, just until cooked through.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 26, 2007 Flag

Pound chicken to flatten evenly; set aside. In skillet, melt 3 Tbsp. of butter; add garlic and 1/2 tsp. dill. Add chicken; cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 4, 2007 Flag

Recipe for The Best Wurst Chicken Caliente Sandwich. In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder and cayenne and sprinkle chicken pieces with the mixture. In a large skillet, stir-fry seasoned chicken in 2 Tbsp. olive oil about 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain and remove from pan.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 26, 2006 Flag

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine honey and mustard in small bowl. Set aside 2 Tbsp. for sauce. Spread crumbs in shallow dish.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 4, 2004 Flag

Howdy, I am a college student, looking for a good bbq recipe for bbq chicken sandwiches.

Thanks

Dan_wsu

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi, I used to work at a convenience store that cooked and sold fried chicken. What chicken that hadn't sold before the time deadline got pulled off the bone and frozen. When we'd have several bags of the frozen chicken, we'd put in a crockpot & when it got defrosted, we'd pour BBQ sauce over it. Let it simmer. Any sauce will do, just use you favorite. Once hot, we'd fix up BBQ chicken sandwiches and top with dill pickles (wrapped separately, as they'd make the sandwich more soggy). We sold alot of these sandwiches. I now fix BBQ chicken sandwiches, this way. I've told more people about this recipe, that had never thought of doing this. I hope this is what you were looking for.

I don't really have a recipe but you could either boil a whole chicken, then pick off all the meat and put back into the pan and add a couple bottles of your favorite bbq sauce. Or you could use a slow cooker and do the same thing. I use this on pork and chicken very easy and cheap.

Ok, it took me a bit to find some recipes. There are so many different things you can do. Not everyone wants to do it the "hard way", but sometimes I like to make it all from scratch to try something new. I have not tried these recipes, but they look so good.

Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

4 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast

2 15 oz. cans chopped tomatoes

2 med. onions, chopped

1 c. water, if needed

1/2 tsp. chili powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1 c. ketchup

1/2 c. cider vinegar

1/3 c. Worcestershire Sauce

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/8 tsp. Tobasco Sauce

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot. Coer; cook on low for 5-6 hours on high 2-3 hours. Shred chicken with forks and mix. Mixture will be thick, add water if needed. Serve on buns.

Maple Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 c. ketchup

1/2 c. maple flavored syrup (another recipe I saw similar to this one added molasses to it)

2 Tbsp. yellow mustard

2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

2 tsp. lemon juice

1/2 to 1 tsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Combine everything but the chicken in a bowl and stir, then set aside.

Place chicken in crock pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the prepared sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

When ready to serve, remove and shred chicken. Put chicken back in with sauce. Serve on buns.

**You can add diced bell pepper or onion to this as well. Whatever your taste desires.

Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

2 Tbsp. rice vinegar

1 Tbsp. mayonnaise

1 Tbsp. sugar

1/4 tsp. Tobasco Sauce

1/4 tsp. salt

2 c. shredded cole slaw mix from 16 oz. bag

1/2 c. shredded carrots

1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion

2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1/2 c. spicy barbecue sauce, divided

4 hamburger buns

In med. bowl, combine first nine ingredients and stir. Set aside.

Gently pound chicken to flatten slightly. Spread top of each breast half with 1 tsp. barbecue sauce, and broil 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.

Tear chicken into shreds with two forks by skewering with one and pulling the other. Heat shredded chicken with remaining barbecue sauce. Serve on buns.

Add barbecue sauce to top and/or add coleslaw to your sandwich. Or just have coleslaw on the side.

Tonight I decided to make sloppy joes and pretty much used the Maple Barbecue Chicken Sandwich recipe listed below.

We have a large family, so I doubled most of everything. I used hamburger in place of chicken and in place of the ketchup I used one can of tomato sauce and two cans of tomato paste with one of those paste cans filled with water. I also added diced onion to the recipe. It was very good!

October 12, 2010 Flag

My mother used to do chicken sandwiches from scratch. She would clean and cook the whole chicken in a roaster. I know she added cracker crumbs and chicken stock, but I am not sure what else she added.

She would cook the chicken for several hours, remove the meat and skin from the bone, remove the bone. After shredding the meat she put the meat back in with the ingredients. Does anyone have a recipe that is similar to this. It is the extra seasoning and ingredients I am not sure of.
Thanks for any help.
Ginger

By Ginger from OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use a box of Stove Top stuffing and chicken broth. It gives it just the right amount of seasoning. If it's too thick, add more stock. I have also used the heels of bread I keep in the freezer and poultry seasoning and salt to taste but I prefer Stove Top.

August 17, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 Tbsp. finely chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise

Directions

Mix the ingredients and spread between layers of bread. 1/2 cup chopped, salted almonds is delicious for variation.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches ChickenSeptember 1, 2012
raw chicken breasts
Smothered Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 9:40:10 AM on 10.0.1.246 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.