Chicken Tortilla Casserole
This is a great pot luck dish!
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 6 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 cups cold chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, diced
- 12 flour tortillas
- Heat oil in large skillet, over medium heat, add chicken, onions, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- In saucepan, stir together cornstarch and chicken broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute. Set aside.
- Stir 1 cup cheese, Miracle Whip, sour cream, chilies, and 1/4 cup olives into chicken until smooth.
- Remove 1 cup sauce and stir into chicken mixture. Spoon 2 Tbsp. of chicken mixture into each tortilla; roll to enclose. Place tortilla seam side down in 9x13 inch baking pan. Spoon over remaining sauce. Top with remaining cheese and olives. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until hot.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice to the conversation.