Chicken Tortilla Soup
It is full of fiber and lower in calories than many taco type soups (and quick).
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 water
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can fat free refried beans (with green chiles if you want)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or 1 shredded chicken breast (can also use leftover meat)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- light sour cream
- reduced fat tortilla chips (or just baked corn tortillas broken into pieces
- cheddar or mozzarella cheese
In a large pan combine the beans, broth, corn, salsa, chicken and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Crumble some of the tortilla chips into soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Top each serving with a few more chips, a sprinkle of cheese and a spoon of light sour cream. This makes about 6 servings.
|Time:||20 Minutes Preparation Time|
10 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: Modified from a recipe in Taste of Home's Light and Tasty
By kmcb59 from Leavenworth, WA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 11:29:27 PM on 10.0.2.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us