Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

• 1 chicken cut up into quarters
  • 1 Tbsp. chicken seasoning
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/4 cup diced carrot
  • 2 cups flour
  • Ad
  • 3 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 tsp. shortening
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Put chicken in a large Dutch oven with enough water to cover plus about 2 inches. Add chicken seasoning, celery, and carrot. Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, covered until meat can be easily removed from the bones. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside until cool enough to handle.

Meanwhile, strain the liquid and return to the pot, throwing out the vegetables or reserving for another use. When chicken is cooled, remove from the bones and return to the liquid in the pot. Bring back to a boil.

Mix the remaining ingredients to form a dough and spoon into the boiling liquid in the pot. Cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes. DO NOT PEEK! After the 15 minutes uncover the pot add salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!

I serve this with big slices of crusty bread and a salad on the side.

By Lighthouselady

Answers:

Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

WOW!! When I posted this I never knew how many different ways there are to make this comfy dish! I really like some of these ideas. Now I have something to try when I feel like experimenting. (09/13/2006)

By BonnieAngel

Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumplings Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Campfire Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄