Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

My puppy pad trained 15 month old Chihuahua has recently started pooping on the carpet. She knows she is doing it. What do I do? I am frustrated!

Darla from Harrisburg, PA

Answers:

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

I'd put a puppy pad right where she's pooping, on the carpet. Rub a little of the white part of the puppy pad where she's gone so the scent is there.

Not that you would, but never rub a puppy's nose in poop. (03/11/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

Make sure you are getting all the scent out where she went before. They make special cleaners for this purpose. You could also try a little distraction. If it's possible keep her in a different part of the house for a few days, maybe she will forget about her favorite spot. We did this with a cat we used to have and it worked well. (03/11/2008)

By boogieman

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

I know this works outside, but as for inside I don't see why it wouldn't work. But, I do know it really works, just am not sure why it works. You can probably use thos 1/2 gallon plastic jugs from water or milk. But, you fill completely with water and set them wherever it is you don't want you dog to poop. Since it is inside set a few around the same place I would say 2 or 3 in that area spread out enough so they don't completely takeover one single space. It works just as well outside with gallon jugs you just place them whereever you don't want them to go and for some unknown to me reason they will Not No Matter what use it in that space. I would try it just to see if it would help. Good luck! (03/11/2008)

By Blingqueen99

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

I would get her to the vet. Animals change their habits for a reason. She may be ill and that's what she's trying to tell you. (03/11/2008)

By Maryeileen

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

We had a problem like that with a Chihuahua puppy once. We tried everything to solve it then hit on the idea of newborn diapers! We placed these on the pup, cut a hole for her tail and used tape around the dog's middle to assist in keeping the diaper in place. The first time she used the diaper she was so ashamed she went and hid. After that incident she resumed going to the door and outside.

When she "slipped up" again, the diaper went back on. She had a "punishment chair" she was sent to when she had been naughty. When this diaper went on again she went to the chair, jumped up and hid her face with her paws. Needless to say she was cured after that. I had a picture of her in her diaper and chair, wish I could lay my hands on it to send. It is priceless! Don't know if it will work for you, but it sure did for us! (03/11/2008)

By Sherry

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

Try keeping the dog on a regular feeding and potty schedule. If you know what time it is using the carpet, make sure you take her outside before then. Keep her out until she goes. (03/12/2008)

By Danialle

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

I was just wondering if you leave the puppy out long enough for him/her to go poop. I have 2 boxers and a chihuahua and my chihuahua take 2 times longer to find a spot to go on. I've learned to be patient maybe that's all they need, is a little more time? (03/12/2008)

By Jo

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet

Diapers on a puppy? My dachshund would chew it to pieces. Also, I read that at a certain age a puppy will revert back to his soiling the carpet. Be patient and start over with training. (03/12/2008)

Chihuahua Pooping on Carpet
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄
🍂