Child Doesn't Like New School

A grumpy girl at school.
Attending a new school can be a challenge when everyone is a stranger and you aren't familiar with all the rules. This is a guide about child doesn't like new school.

My kids went to their new school for the first time today and my second youngest daughter doesn't like it. I don't know why because she made new friends and is a star in her class. However, she doesn't like it and doesn't want to go tomorrow. What do I do? All the other kids love the school and teachers. Please help.

By mc4lifes from Sydney, NSW

Show her the pros of the school and talk to her about college. Explain to her that she has to go or she won't be able to be what ever she wants to be.

I hated school when I was a kid, from grade 1 to probably grade 5. I was extremely good at pretending to be sick. I don't know what the problem was but eventually it got worked out. There was only one school in the town, so I had no choice. The town was so small that the school housed grades 1 through 12. In elementary school there was two grades to a room. Kids have to learn to adapt.

Your child has to go to school, that's just how it is. Ask her what makes her dislike the school. Young kids go through a lot of emotions as well. It's hard going to a new school. Harder than we as adults think. Give her time to adjust and I'm sure she'll be fine.

Tell her that she is a big girl, and should go to school.