Child Safe Remedy for Fleas

I have a bit of a flea problem in my house. I have noticed a few jumping in our carpet over the last few weeks. We had a dog, but now he is gone. I am needing to find something that I can use on my carpets that won't make my 18 month old son sick. Can anyone help me out?

By jrenaye1983 from Houston

Answers:

Child Safe Remedy for Fleas

I keep reading about sprinkling salt on your carpets and vacuuming. I don't know how much salt is to be used, but I did sprinkle our carpeting, waited a day and then vacuumed. It seemed to have helped a bit. I guess I'll "re-do" in a week or so and see if it takes care of 'em all. Salt is cheap, but it took a lot for our home since it is totally carpeted (which I hate)! (07/16/2009)

By HalfWhit

Child Safe Remedy for Fleas

I used salt. I let it set for a day then vacuumed. I repeated this a few times, as I had them bad, and it worked. The fleas don't like salt. Use a lot of salt the first time and work from the walls inward to the middle of the room. Repeat it the next day and vacuum, and repeat whenever you see one of those little critters. I don't have them anymore. Do the whole house at one time as they jump from room to room. I know it's a lot of work, and it took me 6 boxes of salt, but it did the trick. (07/16/2009)

By margaret spurlock

Child Safe Remedy for Fleas

Please do look up the toxicity of moth balls before using those. They're VERY toxic! I'd go for the salt. (07/18/2009)

By Jean and Maggie

Child Safe Remedy for Fleas
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄