Child Support and Social Security

My daughter is 2 years old. She just started drawing Social Security off her dad because he's getting disability now. I was wondering if I could get him for child support to?

By Ciji

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Do you have a court ordered child support payment set up? If you do, I am under the impression that the amount of Social Security you receive should be combined with the required amount of child support to equal the court ordered amount. You shouldn't receive more than the original court ordered amount. Talk to your local child support office and the Social Security Office.

Hi - usually the Child support office could tell you the answer to this question but I do not believe I would use the remark "get him for". Just my opinion.

Don't try to get even for something that possibly happened in the past. Are you disabled yourself? If not I'd say give him some slack!

Child Support Payments and Social Security, Paper entitled Child Support Hearing.
Child Support Payments and Social Security
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportSeptember 29, 2013
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
Family law folder on desk
Can SSI Be Garnished for Child Support?
Social Security Paperwork
Preparing for a Social Security Hearing
Photo of letters spelling out child support.
Social Security and Back Child Support
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:51:27 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.