Chirping Smoke Detector System

I have a two story house and my smoke detectors are chirping every 5 seconds. I tried looking for the back up power source and I could not find one. If someone could help that would be perfect.

By wpeakso

Answers:

Chirping Smoke Detector System

That usually means that one of your smoke detectors needs a fresh battery, even if they are hard wired. When one goes off, they all go off. I would replace all of the batteries. Don't forget that you might have one in your basement, too. Do all of them with fresh batteries and that should solve the problem. The batteries are backup power to the hard wiring. You also might have a detector that is hidden somewhere, like in a closet, which can be overlooked.
(03/23/2010)

By Ginnywest

Chirping Smoke Detector System

Just had a similar issue, when the alarm went off, I pushed the "hush" button. It kept chirping, so I kept trying different combinations of the two buttons. Eventually, I read the back of the alarm, which said that it will continue to chirp every 45 seconds for 7 minutes or until you push (and hold) the "test" button.

The moral of the story: if you push the "hush" button, you may have to "test" the smoke alarm before it will stop chirping again. Hope this helps someone. (06/22/2010)

By ahawtho

Electric Smoke Detector
Electric Smoke Detector Won't Stop Beeping
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Troubleshooting a Smoke Detector
Troubleshooting a Smoke Detector
🎉
🎄