Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe

Category Pudding
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe
Try this homemade pudding recipe with its unusual addition of avocado. This page contains a chocolate avocado pudding recipe.

Yes, you read it right, chocolate avocado pudding! Before you say strange, you just have to try this. It is honestly the best pudding I have ever had. I am a die hard chocolate lover and this passed my test. Best of all, it is super good for you!

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Source: Modified from a recipe in one of my cookbooks.

• 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed
  • 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 4 Tbsp cocoa
  • 10 pitted dates
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract

1. Add all of your ingredients to a food processor or heavy duty blender.
  2. Mix well.
  3. Prepare to say yum with no guilt involved. :)

Made it and loved it! And I usually hate pudding!

I detest avocados. They are so greasy. And the taste leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like dates. It's hard getting past that tough cellophane like exterior that reminds me of a hard shell bug.

As it turns out, the fat in avocados is a type that's good for you, and it must make for a very smooth pudding. The almond and cocoa (an excellent marriage) would tend to mask the avocado taste. So far, so good.

Now for the dates. I'm going to alter your recipe a bit, even though I see the rave reviews have already started coming in. I'm going to replace the dates with prunes.

I have a feeling I'll be checking back with a rave review of my own.

Thumbs up

Thanks, Melissa

I have made this pudding twice and enjoyed it. I learned it was a good fat in the avocado. It just was not sweet enough for me. I guess I just forgot it till now. It is very creamy. I'm going to try again, but this time with prunes. I don't care for dates. It's the cocoa powder that is not sweet. It is on the bitter side. I will keep using different fruits till I find a sweet one to use in the pudding.

Hey you could all so sprinkle chia seeds on the top... extra nutrition for you. What if I added cherries?