Chocolate Meringue Pie
This is a wonderful chocolate pie my whole family loves.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 package graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- First in medium bowl add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; mix well. Add the butter and mix again.
- Add Ingredients to your pie pan and spread evenly around, set aside til needed.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups sugar, flour, and cocoa in a medium bowl
- Beat milk and egg yolks together in medium bowl and slowly add to bowl. Mix with a whisk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla.
Stir pudding until butter is melted.
Stir once in awhile to prevent skin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with your mixer until foamy.
- Slowly add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at time, beating until it becomes stiff and sugar dissolves.
- Pour pudding into the graham cracker crust.
- With a rubber spatula carefully scoop out meringue and put it onto pudding. Carefully spread making sure to completely cover pudding and edge of crust.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
By Teresa S. from Greensburg, KY
Add your voice to the conversation.