General AdviceConsumer Advice

Choosing The Best Soup Thermos

I'm a construction worker so I need my new thermos to be really durable and to keep my food hot for at least 8-10 hours. If you have any ideas what is a best thermos for that - it'll be much appreciated.

I have a Thermos brand wide mouthed container. It is microwave safe. I microwave the contents before I leave for work. The contents are still hot at lunchtime.

This brand is so AWESOME for keeping things hot for SO LONG:

https://www.tar  amp;gclsrc=aw.ds

For a construction worker, I would suggest buying one of these food flasks:

Thermos stainless steel king food flask

Stanley adventure vacuum insulated food jar

Thermos funtainer food flask

My son works in a similar occupation and also carries hot and cold food for his lunch and afternoon breaks. He has one Thermos food container that is many years old and still works as good as new as well as one for coffee and has never been disappointed with this brand. He recently bought a new one called Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon and likes it as well. I do not believe you could go wrong with this brand. He bought his from Amazon but I'm sure there are other outlets - Walmart, eBay, Ace Hardware are all good stores.

When you are looking at a description of one of these containers, be sure to read the fine print. None of these are designed to keep food hot 8-10 hours but they may keep your food warm past their "hot" time stated. You will find that it is sometimes difficult to find the actual ounce capacity and especially the time the thermos will keep your food hot (cold is a longer time so they may show it right away.) and this is important information. One of the thermoses recommended states 5 hours for hot and that may not work for you.

I would recommend that you check some out in a sporting goods store (Goggle sporting goods stores with your zip code) so that you can get the feel of the container and be able to read all the specs even if you buy from another store (these stores may be more costly for same item).

The Thermos Stainless Steel Food Jar will keep food warm for 9 hours (longer than any other I have seen) and has a 16 ounce capacity. It is called a jar because of the wide mouth and you can carry other foods besides just soup (stew, noodles, spaghetti, chili). There is also a telescoping spoon that fits in the lid in case you forget your own.

Here is a link to an independent site that compares a few brands and also a link to an example of the Thermos jar.

https://buykitc  rmos-containers/

https://www.ama  ht/dp/B0017IFSIS

I haven't tried hot foods, but Yeti cups keep cold foods extremely cold.

My favorites are Thermos and Stanley. I got the short wide mouth stainless steel thermos for my husband. I usually heat the food on the stovetop because it stays hotter longer or sometimes I put ice in it for a bit and send icecream or other frozen desserts. He says it's still frozen when he gets to eat. My dad used a Stanley for years to take coffee or hot tea. Us kids used to race to be the first to meet him when he got home at the end of the day because he lots of times had a little left that whoever was first could have. It was always piping hot still and we had to let it cool a little before we could drink it.

I just bought a Yeti mug a few weeks ago for my coffee at work. I love it! My coffee is still warm 6 hours after I've filled it. I'm not sure if it will keep your food warm longer than that, but it's worth a try. They're not cheap, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good luck!

I recommend the Stanley brand.