Christmas Chandelier

I spiced up my dining room light by adding a homemade wreath to the bottom of it. It was simple and cheap and I think it looks nice and homey!

Decorated chandelier.

Simply cut a ring (I traced around a saucer and dinner dish) out of cardboard. I took a 15 foot fake evergreen garland (you could use real, but mine will be up for over a month so I went with artificial) that I bought at the Dollar Store and wrapped it as shown on the cardboard picture. Then I just tied 3 long evenly spaced ribbons around the wreath and held them all together at the top. I tied them together so they hung evenly and laced them through my light chains. I added little bows to the individual lights as an afterthought.
I think it's festive over a table! What do you think?

Drawing for wrapping wreath.
    Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Love it. Not expensive but beautiful.Thanks for sharing. I am going to do one myself.

Very festive is what I think, very elegantly so. Beautiful-I love the ribbon colours too! Thank-you too for the picture of the direction to wind on the garland. Definite thumbs up on this.

Comment

Santa gourds.
    Homemade Christmas Decorations
    Crafts Christmas DecorationsDecember 5, 2012
    Man in a Christmas tree costume.
    Making a Christmas Tree Costume
    Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
    Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
    Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
    Making a Christmas Elf Costume
    Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
    Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 9:04:14 AM on 10.0.0.209 in 511 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.