Christmas Cookie Exchange Tips and Recipes

Category Gifts
Christmas Cookie Exchange
If you participate in an annual cookie exchange, you are probably on the lookout for new tips and recipes all of the time. This is a guide about Christmas cookie exchange tips and recipes.

I love cookies so when I heard about Cookie Swaps, I was in HEAVEN! There are many ways you can do your party. I set the date and just asked all my guest to bring a big batch of their favorite cookies. Try to see what kind they are making so you don't end up with all one kind.

When the guests arrived, we placed the cookies on a table and everyone was able to get what ever they wanted. I also made a few other finger foods that were not sweet so we didn't all have a sugar overload, lol.

We played a few games that were fun. I broke the girls up into pairs and they had one minute to write down all the words they could think of that started with a certain letter that the host chose (such as the letter D). Then after 1 minute, they have to make up a story using all the words they came up with!

I also had the guest bring a cheap $1-5 dollar wrapped present and played a gift exchange game which, with the right crowd, can be dangerous (lol) and REALLY fun! At the end of the night, I gave everyone a bag to place whatever cookies that were left over in. We had lots of fun!

This year, I am already planning. I found some cute jars at a thrift store and I am going to fill it up with candy so they can guess how many there are (closest guess gets the jar). I'm going to ask that all guest wear the UGLIEST sweater they can possibly find (I can't wait for this). I will give a gift to the one with the ugliest sweater also, and of course a prize will go to the best cookie. That reminds me, tell your guests to bring the recipe with them because if it is a good cookie, you know that someone will want it!

Also, while I was at the thrift store, I noticed they had a huge pile of Christmas tins that were 25-50 cents. They would be PERFECT for guests to take home their cookies in. Just make sure to clean them all out!

My party was a ladies only. It is so nice to kick the men and kids out and have a night for the ladies! Please feel free to tell me how you do your cookie swap parties I would LOVE to know and if you have anymore fun game ideas!

Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a gallon of milk nearby!

Want to have a large variety of cookies to give away for gifts for Christmas yet only have to make one batch of one kind of cookie?

Here's what to do:

Invite about 10 to 12 of your favorite people (or have one of your favorite people bring along a friend). Each of the guests must make a batch of cookies to bring to your house (make sure each person makes a different kind). Have them all bring their own containers for the cookies that they will be bringing home.

When they all arrive have coffee and tea available for chattering and make a coffee cake to share. Then take all of the cookies & divide them equally by the number of guests and place them in their containers that they will now bring home. Each and every guest will go home with a great variety of cookies to give as gifts (if they don't eat them first). Yet they only had to make one batch.

This also forces every one to have a much deserved break from the business of the shopping season and allows you to enjoy each others company.

By joesgirl

I need to make 8 dozen Christmas cookies for a cookie exchange at school. I want something different from chocolate chip cookies but VERY quick and easy. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Millie from Williamsburg, VA

I love the idea of a cookie exchange, but it seems like it comes at a very inconvenient time, right before the holidays. So, my solution? Whenever I am invited to a cookie exchange, I make fudge.

All it requires is mixing a few ingredients, pouring it into a pan and letting it set up. If you make enough for a 9x13 pan, you can easily cut it to get 8 dozen pieces. Its unexpected because everyone always thinks cookies. This rounds out a nice cookie tray. Here is one of my favorites, and oh so easy. For 8 dozen pieces, I would double ingredients and use a 9x13 pan or two 8x8 pans -

Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter

2 1/4 cups brown sugar

1/2 cup milk

3/4 cup peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth; pour into an 8x8 inch dish. Chill until firm and cut into squares.

Happy holidays!

Bar cookies are the easiest. Just use your favorite search site for recipes.

1 box of any kind of cake mix

1/4 cup of brown sugar

1 egg

1 stick of melted margarine( 1minute in microwave)

Mix all ingredients together until consistency of cookie dough. Cool in frig for about 15 minutes.

Roll into balls and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Add Chips of any kind or nuts or just make plain.

This is one that I make all the time, very good.

Almond Butter Brickle Cookies

2 cups butter -- softened

2 cups granulated sugar

2 cups powdered sugar

2 cups oil

4 large eggs

2 teaspoons almond extract

9 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons soda

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

2 cups toasted almonds -- chopped

1 package butter brickle bits

In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add oil, eggs and extract, mix well.

Combine flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture.

Stir in almonds and butter brickle bits.

Shape into balls, roll in granulated sugar. Flatten with fork or bottom of glass

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.

Turptoo

The easiest cookies I know are called 1-2-3 cookies. Three steps and just three ingredients - 1 box of cake mix (any flavor), a stick of butter, and an egg.

1 - Mix a box of cake mix, 1 stick of butter, and 1 egg.

2 - Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until set.

3 - Dust with powdered sugar.

Peanut Butter Cookies.

These are a favorite around here.

Mix :

1 Cup Sugar

1 Egg

1 Cup Peanut Butter

Drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet. Mash With fork. Bake @ 400 for 8 minutes. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Makes about 2 dozen. Try and let cool. Bet you can't!

Butterscotch Haystacks are quick and easy.

1 11 oz pkg butterscotch morsels

3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1 can (8.5 oz) or 2 cans (5 oz ea) chow mein noodles

3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

Line trays with wax paper. Microwave morsels in large, uncovered microwave safe bowl on medium high (70%) for 1 minute. Stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are all melted. Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Add noodles and marshmallows; toss until all ingredients are coated. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared trays. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (min 30 mins in fridge). Makes 6 doz.

You could go to allrecipes.com also. They have tons of recipes and also some different variations on Haystacks. There is one made with peanuts but I don't remember it right now. Merry Christmas.

you will need 1#real choc (3 hershey bars r cheaper right now, the large ones)

12oz choc chips

melt these 2 ingred. in 20 sec. intervals in micro till melted

then beat 1 8oz. pkg soft cream cheese and 1 egg tog till creamy

slowly stir in choc and nuts.

quickly spread into buttered cake pan and let sit for 1/2 hr.

cut into squares. excellent fudge. and done in 10 min.

Pretzel cookies are so easy

small knot pretzels

hershey kisses

red and green m&ms

put the pretzels on a cookie sheet, put the kisses on the pretzels bake in oven just until kisses get soft, remove from oven and put one m&m in the center of each kiss. Chill till chocolate is hard.

My family's all time favorite is pretzel sticks dipped in melted chocolate and/or melted almond bark! The big pretzel sticks, not the skinny little ones - although any pretzel will work!

I will put two that I made yesterday with my mom.

Chocolate Marshmallow Snowballs

1 bag of chocolate chips, melted

1 bag of colored mini marshmallows, the best ones are the flavored ones by Great Value

About a cup of walnuts

Powdered sugar in separate bowl

Pour marshmallows and walnuts in bowl and pour melted chocolate over them and mix thoroughly. Scoop out a handful in a sort of ball shape and drop into a bowl of powdered sugar, cover well with sugar and then really form them into balls, squeezing kinda hard. Put them onto a cookie sheet and put in fridge for about an hour and then you can transfer them to a bowl.

Butterscotch Rice crispy treats

6 cups rice crispys

1 bag of butterscotch chips

1 cup peanut butter

Melt the peanut butter and butterscotch chips together and pour over rice crispys. Mix well and pour into a well buttered 9x13 inch pan and put in fridge about an hour. These are so good we fight over them. I should make them more often.

1 bag oreos

1 pkg. cream cheese

1 bag chocolate chips

Crush oreos. Combine with softened cream cheese. Shape into balls. Refrigerate at least one hour. Melt Choc. chips. Dip balls into melted chocolate. If you want to get fancy, drizzle melted white chocolate over the balls after the chocolate chips have hardened.

I believe the above recipe for peanut butter cookies is missing one important ingredient, FLOUR!

Actually, that peanut butter cookie recipe without the flour, is completely correct. I've been baking these cookies for years and they turn out perfect every time. And yes, withOUT flour. I originally got the recipe out of my kids cookbook when I was 12 years old. The only addition in the recipe I have is 1 teaspoon of vanilla. I have also made these using crunchy peanut butter with spectacular results and rave reviews.

I like to make an easy recipe that I can just pull from the memory every year. My family LOVES these and they are so very easy!

1 box Ritz Crackers

1 jar peanut butter

1 package chocolate almond bark, melted

spread peanut butter between 2 crackers and dip in the melted almond bark. Cool on wax paper. It's that easy!

This one is so easy and my family LOVES it. Here's what you will need...

1 box Ritz Crackers

1 jar peanut butter

1 package Chocolate Almond Bark, melted

Spread peanut butter between 2 Ritz crackers, dip in melted almond bark, cool on wax paper. It's that easy!

I host a cookie exchange every Christmas season and part of our fun is the way we package our cookies. It has actually become a contest. This coming year we even have a theme of fa la la la la. We must come up with some cookie and packaging combo related to Christmas music, angles singing, or a choir. Any suggestions? This was my idea, but I am stumped on this one.

By Marta from PA

How about putting them in a box, cover with Christmas wrapping paper and put a CD on the cover that has Christmas music. You can find them for like a dollar in the stores, especially this time of year. Doesn't have to be a best seller but any holiday music cd, the recipients get cookies plus holiday music too!

Anonymous

There are lots of plastic canvas Christmas patterns for boxes of different sizes. Plastic canvas is easy to do.

You can put them in plastic containers,or use plastic packaging and tie a ribbon,or pack well and put them in small baskets.or get a glass jug and pack them or in biscuit tins,in a casserole,which ever way you pack make sure it stays fresh and crisp.

http://www.mygr  e/prod_1420.html

This is a cookie tower template free from mygrafico. Use the template but get you some scrapbooking paper that matches the theme you want and you got it. Also look for digital stamps. you can find tons and tons for free and then you print out what you want in the size you want, color them or have kids color them and attach to your cookie tower. Email me if you want more details about digital stamps and where to find them.

I need ideas for a cookie exchange, how to present the cookies.

By flbradosky from Claridge, PA