Christmas Gift Ideas for Couples

Deciding on a gift for a couple may require some thought to have it be something both people will enjoy. This is a guide about Christmas gift ideas for couples.

A couple with a Christmas gift.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 16, 2009 Flag

We're having a difficult time deciding on what to get two married couples for Christmas (one is older and one is young). Like most people we have limited income so I am looking for some ideas on some nice, but inexpensive gifts. I would like to give them something to share. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

By Gayla

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since you want "something they can share," focus on things that give them an experience. Because you have a smaller budget, a good "bang for your buck" can be found at restaurant.com. You can buy a gift card for dinner for a fraction of the cost of what you'd generally pay dining out. If your gift recipients are near a larger city, hottix.com offers theatre tickets at reduced prices. Museum, arboretum or zoo memberships are other options. I know that my husband and I would love to receive any of those as gifts because we can make memories all year long!

If you like to cook a box of home baked goodies would be nice or a coupon for a home cooked meal from you or if they have children you could offer a evening of sitting with them have a Merry Christmas.

A plate of homemade fudge! store bought or homemade, doesn't matter.

I can't tell you what to get your friends, but I can tell you what I got the couple I know: it's called the Purrfect OpeneRx. I found it on MaxiAids.com. It's cute - it's cat-shaped, has several doo-dads for opening medicine bottles, and the end of the cat's tail is sharp for piercing blister packs. It also includes a magnet, so your friends can keep it handy by sticking it on their refrigerator. It was simple, useful, and since I included it in a web order totaling over $75, there was no charge for shipping. Without the larger order, I believe shipping might've been $1 or $1.50. Since oftentimes, even younger folks have trouble opening medicine and similar bottles, this might work.

Read More Answers...

October 3, 2005 Flag

I get compliments everytime I give this bridle shower gift. I fill a box of christmas ornaments for the bride and grooms first Christmas. I pick out special ones that go with their personalities. I have picked out beach themed ornaments for my friends whose life revolves around the beach. It's fun to do and special for them.

By Beachers from West Covina, CA

For a great wedding or shower gift, buy Christmas ornaments on sale after the holiday. When invited to a wedding or shower, fill a basket (you can purchase one at a thrift store) and fill it with ornaments for the couple's first Christmas.

By Rose

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceMarch 18, 2013
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
A couple as a salt and pepper shaker
Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Barney and Betty Rubble Couples Costume
A bride with gifts.
Gift Ideas for Newlyweds
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:37:08 AM on 10.0.0.127 in 605 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.