Christmas Gift Ideas for Couples

Deciding on a gift for a couple may require some thought to have it be something both people will enjoy. This is a guide about Christmas gift ideas for couples.

December 16, 2009 Flag

We're having a difficult time deciding on what to get two married couples for Christmas (one is older and one is young). Like most people we have limited income so I am looking for some ideas on some nice, but inexpensive gifts. I would like to give them something to share. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

By Gayla

A movie bucket. You have seen them around I am sure. Get a good movie, something different for each couple of course. Put this in a popcorn bucket with popcorn, candy like you find at the concession stand, maybe wrap it with a nice throw that they can snuggle up under.

Since you want "something they can share," focus on things that give them an experience. Because you have a smaller budget, a good "bang for your buck" can be found at You can buy a gift card for dinner for a fraction of the cost of what you'd generally pay dining out. If your gift recipients are near a larger city, offers theatre tickets at reduced prices. Museum, arboretum or zoo memberships are other options. I know that my husband and I would love to receive any of those as gifts because we can make memories all year long!

If you like to cook a box of home baked goodies would be nice or a coupon for a home cooked meal from you or if they have children you could offer a evening of sitting with them have a Merry Christmas.

A plate of homemade fudge! store bought or homemade, doesn't matter.

October 3, 2005 Flag

I get compliments everytime I give this bridle shower gift. I fill a box of christmas ornaments for the bride and grooms first Christmas. I pick out special ones that go with their personalities. I have picked out beach themed ornaments for my friends whose life revolves around the beach. It's fun to do and special for them.

By Beachers from West Covina, CA

For a great wedding or shower gift, buy Christmas ornaments on sale after the holiday. When invited to a wedding or shower, fill a basket (you can purchase one at a thrift store) and fill it with ornaments for the couple's first Christmas.

By Rose

At after-holiday sales, pick up one or two nice decorations until you have an assortment that covers all the holidays. Include even holidays like St. Patrick's & July 4th. This assortment makes a useful & unique shower, wedding or house warming gift! I like to include window cling decorations in the assortment. These can be purchased even b/4 the holiday for $1, otherwise you risk not getting them. If you know of an upcoming event, start the year b/4 to be able to collect all holidays' decorations.

For my daughter who just recently got married...I did what Rose suggested to do in her posting. Last Christmas she was engaged on Christmas the Christmas sales were just starting and I bought a rubbermaid container and filled it with..... a large set of silver balls for a future tree, mini lights, her collection of ornaments that we had given her throughout the years, Christmas napkins, Christmas stockings (one for him and one for her), etc. She loved it. Now, she has a container to put future Christmas purchases into ('cause I didn't totally fill it) and she has some stuff already to use for decorating their apartment with this year...their first Christmas as newlyweds.

I had never seen this done as a bridal shower gift before and all who saw her open it thought that the "Christmas stuff" idea was absolutely wonderful. (when she had 5 showers I, of course... as her mom... had to and wanted to attend all of them and give a gift at each...I was glad for this idea).

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceMarch 18, 2013
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Barney and Betty Rubble Couples Costume
A bride with gifts.
Gift Ideas for Newlyweds