Christmas Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Sometimes choosing just the right gift for the special man in your life can be difficult. This guide contains Christmas gift ideas for a boyfriend.

boyfriend and girlfriend at Christmas
Filter Sort

Question: Frugal Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

My boyfriend is 22 and I'm 16. We've been together for 16 months. He has a really good job and a lot of money and he plans on spending a lot of money on me for Christmas. I don't have a job since I'm still in high school, but I wanna buy him something and I don't have a lot of money. I don't wanna be a bad girlfriend and buy him something cheap and then get really good stuff from him. What should I get him?

By s2amandas2

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Lisa 2 656 Flag

I think you get him what you can. If it comes from your heart, that's the most important thing. If he doesn't care for it b/c it wasn't expensive enough, you might want to think hard about being with him. Plenty of things have value that don't cost a lot of money.

Best of luck! I hope you find the perfect gift for him, and that he loves it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

It doesn't have to be a material present and if he truly loves you more than expensive items he won't expect a material gift and if he does expect it then it's time to kick him to the curb (I say this from experience).

How about simply buying a nice Christmas Card to give to him on Christmas Eve (or a day or two before) when he comes in the door but hand it to him with a big bow tied around your waist and peaceful Christmas music playing in the background and a candlelight table set for a homecooked meal ready to serve?

To me anyway, the romantic jesture and quality time spent together is worth far more than an item.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas for New Boyfriend

By itsme 1

My boyfriend and I have only been together for about a month. But he's talked about Christmas presents a few times and I don't know what to get him. Keep in mind we are in high school and I don't have much money to spend. But I don't want to get him something silly and feel bad when he gets me something really good. Any recommendations? I actually already have made him some letters, the "open when" letters. But I want to get him something else.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Rose Anne Hutchence 7 265 Flag

Why don't the two of you pool your resources and make plans for a really nice date night?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift Ideas for My Boyfriend

By MaddieDee 2

My boyfriend and I are both 15 and we have been dating for over a year. This is our 2nd Christmas together and I'm really not sure what to get him! Please help.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

November 29, 2015 Flag

Take 12 index cards. On each one write one reason you love/like him. Some can be funny, others romantic. P.S. You will get an better idea of what kind of person he is by how he reacts.

PPS - My (future) father-in-law found the ones I gave his son. He told him "You'd better marry her. She's a keeper."

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jean leiner 15 411 Flag

Give him an experience to remember. If he is interested in something (say cars) get tickets for a car show or a car race and go with him. Make a picnic lunch to share. If he is a movie buff, take him to a movie with his favorite star, and then to lunch or dinner. If he likes video games, a gift card for his favorite arcade could work. If there is a subject that he is interested in, get him a magazine subscription on the topic. He'll think of you every time the magazine arrives.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Christmas Gift Ideas for an Adult Boyfriend

This is a guide about Christmas gift ideas for an adult boyfriend. Christmas is not just for children, but sometimes it is more difficult to decide on just the right gift for an adult.

A girlfriend giving her boyfriend a gift.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

By Lil_Bil 1

We're both 15 and a complete of nerds. He's into science stuff and video games. I really want to avoid getting a gift card, but I have no other solutions. I'm also super artsy and creative so he's probably expecting me to make him something. Help?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By jean leiner 15 411 Flag

Could you make him a folder of magazine articles on a science topic he's interested in? You could copy articles at the library, and use your art skills to make a cover. Maybe articles on the science of video games.

Books on the science topic, or if he reads magazines, a subscription to a gamer's or science magazine. He'd think of you every time the magazine arrives.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift Ideas for New Boyfriend

By dora 1

What would I give my boyfriend for Christmas if we have only been dating for 1 month?

By Dora from Los Angeles, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Suntydt 75 877 Flag

Make him a friendship bracelet and make an identical one for yourself. It shows a small concern for commitment but nothing too serious. If you aren't sure what a friendship bracelet is PM me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Debbie Dzurilla 28 1,125 Flag

Since you've only been dating a month, I'd keep it simple. Some cookies or candy homemade or store bought and a card sounds like plenty. It isn't so much that he would be feel bad either if he doesn't have something for you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rachel's Mom 277 87 Flag

Make him some kind of homemade goodies, as others have suggested. You could also buy him a piano and/or camera Christmas ornament and create and attach a tag to the ornament with some type of sentimental message. He will then have one or two keepsake ornaments that will always remind him of you. This would be special and meaningful. (P.S. I recently saw a baby grand piano ornament on ebay for about $6.00). Hope this helps. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By bubble bee 1

I have no idea what to get him for Christmas! We have only been dating a month. I want to get him something really awesome for Christmas, because this is our first and last one together. He is going off to college pretty far away, and we both don't want to do long distance.

He is a photographer and plays the piano. He loves to sing. He also loves sweets. I really want to get him something meaningful and something that he will be able to keep for a long time. I'm on a limited budget too. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (:

By bubble bee

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Vicki 24 428 Flag

It sounds like he knows exactly where he is going to school. Maybe you could buy something related to that school or that town. Internet is probably your best bet to find and buy it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tonya 4 130 Flag

Go to MoMa.com, search sheet music paper weights. These are really neat paper weights made out of sheet music that are laminated or plasticized, (but they are not plastic) some how so that they last forever. Cost is $28. This store sells all kinds of neat unique stuff. Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

Have a nice photo taken of yourself. That will last longer than anything. Sad to know you won't be together much longer. PBP

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Funny Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

By jordyn 1 1

I am trying to find my boyfriend a funny gift for Christmas, since I already got him a cute and useful one. Any suggestions would be helpful.

By Jordyn from Torrance, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Carol Young 89 39 Flag

At the Dollar Store they have a giant comb - its bright green and 2 ft long!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift Ideas for the Boyfriend Who Has Everything

By Lindsey 1

I have been dating my boyfriend for 14 months now. He gets everything he wants from his mom and will not tell me what he wants for Christmas. He is 16 and I am 15. He lives in Virginia and I live in North Carolina. So it is difficult to see each other. Please help. Thanks.

By Lindsey

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandy Gerber 30 206 Flag

Give him a bus ticket to come and see you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Unique Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

By megan 1

Help please my boyfriend is 17, I'm 15. I love him so much, but I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. I could do all the cute stuff, but I don't know. He's already got a job and therefore money and he's already gotten me a Christmas prezzie. Knowing him it's pink and fluffy, but I need help. He's into rock, Iron Maiden and stuff. His ex got him an engraved pic for his guitar and a load of his fav CDs and chocolate.

By Megan

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By tikko marie 2 15 Flag

Tickets to a rock concert, sometimes you can get them to say Merry Christmas____. Write to Iron Maiden and get an autograph.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift for Boyfriend Who Likes to Draw

By Addy 1

I have a boyfriend; he is 21. He loves to draw and would like to learn how to make tattoos. I now that Christmas is almost here and I don't know what to give him for a present. Can you help me find some ideas for what to give him?

By Addy from Dublin, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Lou 14 765 Flag

Kat Von Dee is an author and I hear her book has a lot of illustrations of her tats. Also any artist can always use drawing pads, sketch books, water color pencils etc. Pull it all together in a cool portfolio style (messager) bag with some paint markers so he can show his style and stuff on the bag.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Gift Ideas for a Future Pilot

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year. We are both 16 and have a promising relationship. He is very hard to buy for and is interested in either becoming a pilot or joining the Air Force or Army. I have bought him a couple of things for Christmas already that have humorious meaning from different points in our relationship, but I want to get him something of substance.

Please help! Thanks!
        Brooke from Memphis, TN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How about a pocket watch with a picture of you or the both of you together? A little old fashioned maybe?

All the men in my family have money clips. Some gold, silver, monogrammed.

I thought the pocket knife was a great idea also.I would definitely monogram a date on the knife. My husband carries his everywhere and uses it!

Jennifer CA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

By PhobWatch 1

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 months now and since it's coming up to Christmas and we have been discussing whether or not to get each other a present. Since this is my first relationship I'd feel really bad if I don't get him anything. I know that he is planning on getting me something, so I would love to get him something of the same value.

I've asked him what he wants and his answer is always "I don't know". I showed him what I was planning to get him, which was a bracelet, which he liked. But he doesn't wear things on his wrist. I'd feel getting him a necklace or something personalized. Would it be too much for a first gift thing? Another thing that we both have to take into account is that he lives in the north of England and I live in the south, so there's the cost of postage. He is thinking of coming down to visit for a few days. He's 21 and I'm 18, I would get him a t-shirt, but I'd feel strange getting him clothes. What do I do?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

A lovely photo of yourself in a nice frame would be practical and personal at the same time. I hope that helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

By Brookalyn 1

My boyfriend is 22 and I'm 18. We have been together for 8 months now. We are currently living together. Although I live with him I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. He loves Bundaberg and Ford items. He has just currently bought a bar and pool table himself. He has so many different types of Bundaberg rum that he ages. Besides that he is into the PS4 and he has loads of games. I really want to get him something special and romantic, as I know he will be for me. This is our first Christmas together and I want to get the best thing he will love. Plz help me out. Thanks

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I have always liked to give clothing -- like a sweater or a lovely casual shirt. Whenever he wears it, he will think of you. Also, you might just like to ask him what he wants. Not everyone needs or wants to be surprised. Another nice gift is tickets for the pair of you to some special concert or event.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Present for Boyfriend

My boyfriend is away for Christmas and New Years. So I said I would get his present to him when he comes back. The thing is, we've only been dating for a week and a half now, but I have known him for about 2 years. I have no idea what to get him, because he is so diverse. He is down to do anything! He doesn't have many hates or loves. I literally have no clue what to get him. Please help me.

By E.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

A week and half requires a very small gift. Chocolates. A funny mug. Bake him cookies or fudge. I wouldn't spend more than $5 - $10, certainly no more.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

My boyfriend and I haven't been together long, but we have been really good friends since we met. We are both 14 years young. I actually have money and I want to try to get him something for Christmas, but I have no clue what. He doesn't play video games, so that is out of the question. So I have no clue what to get him!

By Shannon B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By recyclerichardson 28 Flag

Gift card!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift Ideas for Long Distance Boyfriend

By Danielle 1

My boyfriend and l have been dating for 6 months now. We met in Alaska and his family recently decided to move to Texas. Since the Christmas season is right around the corner l want to find him the perfect gift. Something to remind him of me till we are together again. Any ideas?

By Danielle

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Brooke 1 Flag

I'm in a long distance thing too. I'm making my boy a tie. Make him something memorable. You could make a little photo album of pic's of the two of you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Handmade Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

By Tyler 1

I want to make my boyfriend a creative Christmas gift and I don't know what I should make. We're both 15 and he's in all sports. We're not at the jewelry giving stage yet, so. Whatever I make him can't be fragile because I have to mail it to him. Help?

By Tyler from NE

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Patricia Eldridge 269 Flag

You could make him a no-sew reversible fleece blanket using his favorite team colors. Here is a link to instructions on how to make one, but there are many more instructions on the internet. http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Sew-Fleece-Blanket/

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Meaningful Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

By ann 21 6

I have been out of work for 3 months now and I have no income. I would really like to give my boyfriend of 10 years something spiritually special for Christmas. Or I would like to do something very meaningful for him. Please help, he has been so good to me.

By Ann

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

Do you live together? If not, you could clean his home for him...if you live together, try a really good back rub...very thoughtful, and won't cost you anything but time and love.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By 78910 1

I'm 15 years old and my boyfriend is 16. We haven't been together long, when Christmas comes we'll have been together for 4 months. I'm stuck on ideas as to what to buy him, any help?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

My boyfriend and I have been together about 2 months now. He's 14 and I have no idea what to get him. I like to bake, but I don't just want to bake something for him, that's kinda cheesy. I'm planning on making him something for a gift like a bracelet or something, but I wanted to get him something too. He won't tell me what he wants and when I ask he says he doesn't want anything except to be with me.

I know he likes to play video games and he has a PS4, but I don't know if he wants a game for Christmas. He likes 5 Finger Death Punch and and Papa Roach. He also likes Walking Dead and Futurama, but I'm stumped when it comes to gifts. I really need help, any advice will be great.

By Courtney H.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By yplon_w 1 Flag

I've heard about shop, where you can buy star from the sky. For sure your boyfriend will be amazed with such gift. Try to find here: http://kingdomofuniverse.com/shop/en_US/c/Stars/61

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Okay so I've been dating my boyfriend for seven months now. I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. He never says he wants anything! He doesn't play any sports, but he hunts and fishes all the time. Please help me!

By Tahya H

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

If you are anywhere near a Cabella's, go there and look around. You can ask the clerks there for help; it is a treasurehouse for people who hunt and fish. If you are not, maybe buy some fishhooks (as I have never heard of a person who fished a lot who had too many), but see if you can get advice from someone else who fishes in your area, so that you get ones that are favorites. People can be fussy about fishhooks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift Idea for Boyfriend

I don't know what to get my boyfriend for Christmas and he said he already got mine. He is 14 and we have been together for about 4 months. He is the country redneck type. Help please!

By Jordan

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Terri 6 36 Flag

Is there a CD that he likes?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

He told me that whatever I get will be special to him, except I don't have money. (lol) So I need to make something. He said he already got me something. Now I'm panicking to get him something special. Help!

By Mae H.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Saber Alexander 9 75 Flag

How old is he? What does he like? What things are you good at making? Baked items and the like are always a good, general choice, if you enjoy baking.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 6 months. He's 15. He loves music, UFC, and food, haha (that's what he told me when I asked). I'm so stuck on what to get him and he won't cooperate with me. Please help!

By Lexi D

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Saber Alexander 9 75 Flag

A gift certificate for something like Amazon or iTunes isn't a bad idea. Food is a good idea, too...does he like cake or something? Cookies? Do you like to bake? If not, there are bakery items everywhere this time of year. Maybe pay a friend or neighbor to cook up something special if you're not a cook.

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Phecda 1

I'm not sure what to get my boyfriend for Christmas. By then we will have been together for just over four months. We're both 14 (although I'll be 15 by Christmas) and we've been great friends for three years. He's been asking me out since we met, but we've only been together three months.

I know he loves video games, country music (especially Joe Nichols) and movies. I'm getting him COD Advanced Warfare, and maybe a dog tag with something special engraved in it. I would love it if someone could give me some great gift ideas that would have a lot of sentimental value, but aren't too expensive. Maybe something original? Not something like cologne or a watch. Thanks in advance! :)

By Skie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

A nice photo of you is great. You can put it in a homemade frame and wrap it nice. Or, give him one of each of you as a kid in a double frame. Ask his parents for a shot of him that is just right to match yours. You can write something on the bottom like "Friends are the best" or something cute. I hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift for 16 Year Old Boyfriend

So I need a Christmas gift idea for my 16 year old boyfriend. He plays baseball in the spring, but doesn't play any sports the rest of the year. For his birthday I got him a gift certificate to Dicks Sporting Goods, so I can't really do that again. I want to get him something simple, but fun, and I'm not really into buying clothes or getting a picture of us and framing it. But I need help ! ;)

By Name

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

What about some sort of board game that you could play together? Or tickets to a concert?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cute Christmas Present for Boyfriend

My boyfriend and I are 18. We are only two months into our relationship. He's away in the army and he's coming back for Christmas. He has gotten my present already (got it before he left), but now he comes back in three days and I'm stuck not knowing what to get him since it's going to be hard to bring it with him. Any ideas? It'll be hard to get any sporting/concert tickets on such short notice so that's out?

By Nohely

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Jessica 8 18 Flag

For one anniversary, I gave my husband some type of "recipe for love" jar. I bought the jar online and I could add little trinkets. But it's easy to just make your own! A mason jar cutely decorated, loving quotes or sentiments added and it's done. I found a few links online that show what it looks like and how to create:

Make:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2299522_make-i-love-you-jar.html

Buy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/8029909 ... ve-jar-31-days-of-love-custom-quotes

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

What should I get my boyfriend for Christmas? He is getting me a ring and a new hoodie, but I have no idea what I should get him.

By Haleigh

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Christmas Gift for My Boyfriend

By Afty T. 1

I'm having trouble deciding on a Christmas gift for my 15 year old boyfriend. Since we have only been dating for a month, I don't want to get anything too big; small but meaningful.

I was thinking about movie passes and a hoodie of his favourite colour. I know that his favourite colour is black, and he wears a lot of camo. I've seen him wear beanie type things a lot, too. I don't know that much about him, but I've known him for a while now. I would talk to him, but we live 20 minutes away and he has no phone at the moment. Please help. Thanks.

By Sydnee T. from Alberta

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

By Regan L 1

I have been dating my boyfriend for 4 months now and need a cute, creative, but not cheesy Christmas gift.
              He's 17, plays hockey, golfs, and plays Xbox. I have already gotten him cologne for his birthday and don't really want to get him anything in that category. I'm younger than him and not into giving him anything related to sexual activities haha. He's into the Blues hockey team and a little bit of football, too.

By Regan L. from St. Louis, MO

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceMarch 8, 2013
              ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
              Man in a Christmas tree costume.
              Making a Christmas Tree Costume
              Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
              Making a Christmas Elf Costume
              Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
              Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
              Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
              Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
              © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:58:15 AM on 10.0.2.51 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
              NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
              Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
              BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
              CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings