Christmas Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Sometimes choosing just the right gift for the special man in your life can be difficult. This guide contains Christmas gift ideas for a boyfriend.

boyfriend and girlfriend at Christmas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My boyfriend and I are both 15 and we have been dating for over a year. This is our 2nd Christmas together and I'm really not sure what to get him! Please help.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

Take 12 index cards. On each one write one reason you love/like him. Some can be funny, others romantic. P.S. You will get an better idea of what kind of person he is by how he reacts.

PPS - My (future) father-in-law found the ones I gave his son. He told him "You'd better marry her. She's a keeper."

Best Answer

Give him an experience to remember. If he is interested in something (say cars) get tickets for a car show or a car race and go with him. Make a picnic lunch to share. If he is a movie buff, take him to a movie with his favorite star, and then to lunch or dinner. If he likes video games, a gift card for his favorite arcade could work. If there is a subject that he is interested in, get him a magazine subscription on the topic. He'll think of you every time the magazine arrives.

My boyfriend is 22 and I'm 16. We've been together for 16 months. He has a really good job and a lot of money and he plans on spending a lot of money on me for Christmas. I don't have a job since I'm still in high school, but I wanna buy him something and I don't have a lot of money. I don't wanna be a bad girlfriend and buy him something cheap and then get really good stuff from him. What should I get him?

By s2amandas2

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

I think you get him what you can. If it comes from your heart, that's the most important thing. If he doesn't care for it b/c it wasn't expensive enough, you might want to think hard about being with him. Plenty of things have value that don't cost a lot of money.

Best of luck! I hope you find the perfect gift for him, and that he loves it.

Best Answer

It doesn't have to be a material present and if he truly loves you more than expensive items he won't expect a material gift and if he does expect it then it's time to kick him to the curb (I say this from experience).

How about simply buying a nice Christmas Card to give to him on Christmas Eve (or a day or two before) when he comes in the door but hand it to him with a big bow tied around your waist and peaceful Christmas music playing in the background and a candlelight table set for a homecooked meal ready to serve?

To me anyway, the romantic jesture and quality time spent together is worth far more than an item.

Read More Answers...

We're both 15 and a complete of nerds. He's into science stuff and video games. I really want to avoid getting a gift card, but I have no other solutions. I'm also super artsy and creative so he's probably expecting me to make him something. Help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
      Best Answer

Could you make him a folder of magazine articles on a science topic he's interested in? You could copy articles at the library, and use your art skills to make a cover. Maybe articles on the science of video games.

Books on the science topic, or if he reads magazines, a subscription to a gamer's or science magazine. He'd think of you every time the magazine arrives.

What would I give my boyfriend for Christmas if we have only been dating for 1 month?

By Dora from Los Angeles, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
      Best Answer

Make him a friendship bracelet and make an identical one for yourself. It shows a small concern for commitment but nothing too serious. If you aren't sure what a friendship bracelet is PM me.

Best Answer

Since you've only been dating a month, I'd keep it simple. Some cookies or candy homemade or store bought and a card sounds like plenty. It isn't so much that he would be feel bad either if he doesn't have something for you.

Best Answer

Make him some kind of homemade goodies, as others have suggested. You could also buy him a piano and/or camera Christmas ornament and create and attach a tag to the ornament with some type of sentimental message. He will then have one or two keepsake ornaments that will always remind him of you. This would be special and meaningful. (P.S. I recently saw a baby grand piano ornament on ebay for about $6.00). Hope this helps. Good luck!

Read More Answers...

I have no idea what to get him for Christmas! We have only been dating a month. I want to get him something really awesome for Christmas, because this is our first and last one together. He is going off to college pretty far away, and we both don't want to do long distance.

He is a photographer and plays the piano. He loves to sing. He also loves sweets. I really want to get him something meaningful and something that he will be able to keep for a long time. I'm on a limited budget too. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (:

By bubble bee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
      Best Answer

It sounds like he knows exactly where he is going to school. Maybe you could buy something related to that school or that town. Internet is probably your best bet to find and buy it.

Best Answer

Go to MoMa.com, search sheet music paper weights. These are really neat paper weights made out of sheet music that are laminated or plasticized, (but they are not plastic) some how so that they last forever. Cost is $28. This store sells all kinds of neat unique stuff. Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

Best Answer

Have a nice photo taken of yourself. That will last longer than anything. Sad to know you won't be together much longer. PBP

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend is 22 and I'm 18. We have been together for 8 months now. We are currently living together. Although I live with him I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. He loves Bundaberg and Ford items. He has just currently bought a bar and pool table himself. He has so many different types of Bundaberg rum that he ages. Besides that he is into the PS4 and he has loads of games. I really want to get him something special and romantic, as I know he will be for me. This is our first Christmas together and I want to get the best thing he will love. Plz help me out. Thanks

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have always liked to give clothing -- like a sweater or a lovely casual shirt. Whenever he wears it, he will think of you. Also, you might just like to ask him what he wants. Not everyone needs or wants to be surprised. Another nice gift is tickets for the pair of you to some special concert or event.

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend and I have only been together for about a month. But he's talked about Christmas presents a few times and I don't know what to get him. Keep in mind we are in high school and I don't have much money to spend. But I don't want to get him something silly and feel bad when he gets me something really good. Any recommendations? I actually already have made him some letters, the "open when" letters. But I want to get him something else.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Why don't the two of you pool your resources and make plans for a really nice date night?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 months now and since it's coming up to Christmas and we have been discussing whether or not to get each other a present. Since this is my first relationship I'd feel really bad if I don't get him anything. I know that he is planning on getting me something, so I would love to get him something of the same value.

I've asked him what he wants and his answer is always "I don't know". I showed him what I was planning to get him, which was a bracelet, which he liked. But he doesn't wear things on his wrist. I'd feel getting him a necklace or something personalized. Would it be too much for a first gift thing? Another thing that we both have to take into account is that he lives in the north of England and I live in the south, so there's the cost of postage. He is thinking of coming down to visit for a few days. He's 21 and I'm 18, I would get him a t-shirt, but I'd feel strange getting him clothes. What do I do?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A lovely photo of yourself in a nice frame would be practical and personal at the same time. I hope that helps.

My boyfriend is away for Christmas and New Years. So I said I would get his present to him when he comes back. The thing is, we've only been dating for a week and a half now, but I have known him for about 2 years. I have no idea what to get him, because he is so diverse. He is down to do anything! He doesn't have many hates or loves. I literally have no clue what to get him. Please help me.

By E.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A week and half requires a very small gift. Chocolates. A funny mug. Bake him cookies or fudge. I wouldn't spend more than $5 - $10, certainly no more.

Read More Answers...

This is a guide about Christmas gift ideas for an adult boyfriend. Christmas is not just for children, but sometimes it is more difficult to decide on just the right gift for an adult.

A girlfriend giving her boyfriend a gift.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My boyfriend and I have been together about 2 months now. He's 14 and I have no idea what to get him. I like to bake, but I don't just want to bake something for him, that's kinda cheesy. I'm planning on making him something for a gift like a bracelet or something, but I wanted to get him something too. He won't tell me what he wants and when I ask he says he doesn't want anything except to be with me.

I know he likes to play video games and he has a PS4, but I don't know if he wants a game for Christmas. He likes 5 Finger Death Punch and and Papa Roach. He also likes Walking Dead and Futurama, but I'm stumped when it comes to gifts. I really need help, any advice will be great.

By Courtney H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've heard about shop, where you can buy star from the sky. For sure your boyfriend will be amazed with such gift. Try to find here: http://kingdomofuniverse.com/shop/en_US/c/Stars/61

Okay so I've been dating my boyfriend for seven months now. I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. He never says he wants anything! He doesn't play any sports, but he hunts and fishes all the time. Please help me!

By Tahya H

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you are anywhere near a Cabella's, go there and look around. You can ask the clerks there for help; it is a treasurehouse for people who hunt and fish. If you are not, maybe buy some fishhooks (as I have never heard of a person who fished a lot who had too many), but see if you can get advice from someone else who fishes in your area, so that you get ones that are favorites. People can be fussy about fishhooks.

I don't know what to get my boyfriend for Christmas and he said he already got mine. He is 14 and we have been together for about 4 months. He is the country redneck type. Help please!

By Jordan

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is there a CD that he likes?

He told me that whatever I get will be special to him, except I don't have money. (lol) So I need to make something. He said he already got me something. Now I'm panicking to get him something special. Help!

By Mae H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How old is he? What does he like? What things are you good at making? Baked items and the like are always a good, general choice, if you enjoy baking.

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 6 months. He's 15. He loves music, UFC, and food, haha (that's what he told me when I asked). I'm so stuck on what to get him and he won't cooperate with me. Please help!

By Lexi D

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A gift certificate for something like Amazon or iTunes isn't a bad idea. Food is a good idea, too...does he like cake or something? Cookies? Do you like to bake? If not, there are bakery items everywhere this time of year. Maybe pay a friend or neighbor to cook up something special if you're not a cook.

Good luck!

Load More
            Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceMarch 8, 2013
            Boyfriend and Girlfriend
            Locating an Old Boyfriend
            Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
            Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
            Christmas Gift Ideas for an Adult Boyfriend
            Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
            Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
            © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 5, 2016 at 2:05:36 PM on 10.0.0.212 in 312 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.