Christmas Gifts for Grandchildren

I am looking for some creative ideas I can make for my grand kids. I have boys and girls to think about. All are 4 and under. I saw a cute barrette holder that looked like a skirt with a ribbon hanging. I am at a loss. Please help. Christmas is coming soon.

By Kim from CO

Answers:

Christmas Gifts for Grandchildren

Years ago when trying to do Santa on nothing, my husband and I went to a construction site where a house was being built and we asked for the small pieces of wood that was being thrown away. We took the pieces home and sanded each one smooth. By the time we were through each kid had a bucket full of blocks of the oddest assortment. They both played with their bucket of blocks for years and the items that we bought were barely touched. (11/16/2009)

By notwrong

Christmas Gifts for Grandchildren

Between my mother and my grandmother they both did similar things for us kids. One year it was a decorated shoe box, another year it was a simple homemade bag with handles, but they would place a new coloring book, a small box of crayons, a Fun Pad, a pencil and/or pen (at four and under it may not be such a good idea though) and an assortment of candy. One year they added McDonald's toys from the Happy Meals, etc. (11/16/2009)

By Tatorbug

Christmas Gifts for Grandchildren

I have 2 4-yr-old granddaughters and I'm going to make some clothes for their baby dolls. They love to dress and undress their dolls. Good luck! (11/17/2009)

By Linderloo

Christmas Gifts for Grandchildren

I took empty cereal boxes and wrapped them with Christmas wrapping paper after cutting the top flaps off where it had been opened. I took a hole punch and punched 2 holes on each side and made handles out of ribbon. Then I began to fill each with toys like coloring books, crayons, stickers, and balls that could fit in. You can find a lot of ideas at the Dollar Tree and stores like that. (11/18/2009)

By grannygirl

Christmas Gifts for Grandchildren

Something that my husband's grandmother did for the great grandkids was a picnic. She bought each of the kids a small cooler. I would say go to Dollar Tree and buy a lunch bag. She put in a small can of pop, cheese and crackers (or could do mini pack of peanut butter Ritz), fruit snacks, an apple, cheap sunglasses, and a small matchbox car. My boys are 15 and 20 and they still remember the picnic that great grandma gave them. Hope this helps. (12/01/2009)

By CRMom

Grandmother and Granddaughter holding pink wrapped present
Gift Ideas for Grandchildren
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A young girl holding a gift.
Saving Money on Gifts for Grandchildren
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
🎉
🎄