Cigarette Burn on Wood Furniture

I posted this before but haven't got any hits. My problem is this: I have a jewelry armoire with a cigarette burn on it. It is right near the front for the whole world to see. A friend laid her smoke there without me knowing and now I am up a creek trying to reduce the look of the burn. The armoire is of tannish better than average veneer. I am lost as to what to do. Any suggestions? I am desperate.

Kathy from Philadelphia, PA

Cigarette Burn on Wood Furniture

I found this link when I Googled "cigarette burn on furniture". It seemed to apply to a light to medium burn. If the wood is actually charred, you will probably have to sand it down to undamaged wood underneath and then fill and restain that part. If it is an antique, I would talk to a professional or leave it alone rather than fixing it yourself.

Good luck. Send us a photo if you can.

By jess

Cigarette Burn on Wood Furniture

Is the problem a hole or more of a burn mark?

If it's a hole, I would get some wood putty, fill it and stain it to match.

If it's a burn, I checked out the website Jess recommended, and I too would recommend it.

Good luck. A picture would help us diagnose it better. (05/01/2007)

By Concetta

Cigarette Burn on Wood Furniture

Try Soft Scrub on a Q tip, working very lightly. It will take time, but I have removed burn marks from all kinds of things using this method. Yup I smoke. (05/02/2007)

By Denise W

Cigarette Burn on Wood Furniture

Thank you all for responding to my problem. I really appreciate it, but Denise was the winner. The Soft Scrub worked a miracle. It did take about 15 to 20 minutes of some elbow grease, but that dang burn came out and then I took a light wood furniture touch up pen and viola. It looks like it never happened. I am so overjoyed you have no idea. Thanks again all and thank you immensely Denise. You are a life saver.

Kathy in PA (05/10/2007)

Cigarette Burn on Wood Furniture
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film