Cigarette Carpet Burns

Does anyone know how my mother can repair her carpet from a cigarette burn? She rents so she is very concerned. I'd like to help her.

- Michelle

Carpet burns

I have heard that shaving it, with a razor, works well since you can remove very small amounts of burn at a time. But I would imagine that would depend on how bad the burn was. (09/07/2002)

By callielawrence

Carpet burns

I am assuming this is a small burn no more than 1/2" diameter. Using small scissors, carefully cut out just the burned threads. Then, from a hidden area of carpet, such as a room corner or inside a closet, clip some good "fuzz" off the top of the carpet, not going very deep. Put a little white school glue onto the former burned area, and glue these clippings into it. With a little strategic placement and fluffing, you can hide almost all the problem area. I successfully did this when my pet bunny decided that carpet threads were delicious (also in an apartment!) (09/11/2002)

By kathmiller

Cigarette Carpet burns

I have never used this tip myself but I have heard of it and told a friend one day who commented on a burn mark in her carpet. Try rubbing the area with fine emery paper/sand paper. She did this and only a very pale shade remained, but perhaps it could have been further treated.

By dogxtc

Cigarette Carpet burns

Using an Exacto knife slowly remove burned carpet fibers from burned area. Be careful not to scrape the carpet bare - you want to only remove the burned top layer. Then using sewing glue, preferably transparent, slowly fluff and stick non-burned carpet fibers from hidden parts of the cars carpet (e.g. under car seats, trunk) in the newly cleaned area. This process can be very time consuming because the goal is to make the carpet look like nothing was ever done to it - so take your time (07/27/2005)

By From Canada

Cigarette Carpet burns

Squeeze glue into the hole and fill the hole w/ carpet trimmings. (02/19/2007)

By Nicole

Close up of a cigarette burn on dark carpet
Repairing Cigarette Burns on Carpet
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Repairing Cigarette Burns on a Couch
cigarette burning
Repairing Cigarette Burns on Leather