Cigarette Smoke Stains on Clothing

I have been living with a smoker for 6 years. Yesterday I got my down duvet out to wash and put on my bed and it is now yellow from the smoke. I also have a number of white or off white shirts that were hanging in my closet that are now all discolored on the shoulders and sleeves. Please help me! How do you get cigarette smoke stains out of clothing?

Sheri from Calgary AB

Answers:

Cigarette Smoke Stains on Clothing

There are a few things you can try, one is bleaching the items. Another is using Oxy clean or another laundry booster. Or go to http://www.tide.com and check out the stain detective on that site, it is usually helpful to me. I'd tell the smoker to start smoking outside too! (04/12/2006)

By katieandjeffy

Cigarette Smoke Stains on Clothing

Oh yeah and are you sure it is from the smoke and not from iron in your water? My Mom has iron in her water and it turns her whites yellowish orange, just a thought... (04/12/2006)

By katieandjeffy

Cigarette Smoke Stains on Clothing
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cigarettes
Cigarette Smoke Odors From Neighbors
Cigarette Smoke
Removing Cigarette Smell on Clothes
🎉
🎄