Cinnamon Bread Recipes

Category Cinnamon
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
A loaf of this sweet bread is delicious for breakfast or snack. This page contains cinnamon bread recipes.

If you love snickerdoodle cookies, you will love this! I made this for a cake walk and bake sale and it was a huge success! The surprise is a lovely swirl of melted cinnamon chips on the inside of the bread, Yum!

• 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1-3/4 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
Topping:
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.

Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, cream butter, 1-3/4 cups sugar, salt, and cinnamon until fluffy, about 2 minutes.

Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well. Add flour mixture stirring to combined only.

Coat the cinnamon chips with 2 Tbsp. of flour.

Spoon batter into loaf pans. Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon chips into the batter.

Combine 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle over top of batter in the pans.

Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

Let cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pans.

Wonderful with hot tea, coffee, or just plain ol' cold milk :)

Source: I received this from one of the many baking and cooking blogs I subscribe to. When I made it, it was too sweet for my tastes so I tweaked the original recipe a bit by reducing the sugar, cinnamon chips, and swirled the chips into the batter to make it look prettier.

By Gina from Oklahoma City, OK

This makes a great, soft loaf of bread! Cinnamon bread is one of my favorites! I love this for toast in the morning for breakfast!

• 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup sour cream or buttermilk
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup nuts, optional

Directions:

1. Take the 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix together. I use more cinnamon and sugar.
  2. Cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
  3. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour half the batter in a loaf pan. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon and sugar. Pour rest of the batter over and then rest of the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Take a knife and swirl the batter.
  4. Ad

5. Bake 1 hour in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees F. These freeze nicely, too.

Servings: varies accoring to how thickly sliced
Prep Time: 20-30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1-3/4 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup cooking oil
  • 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1-1/4 tsp. ground allspice
  • 2 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of two 8x4x2-inch or 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper or parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the remaining flour, the baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Stir in sugar, oil, and milk, and add egg mixture. all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in melted chocolate chips.

Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 8x4x2-inch pans for 60 to 65 minutes or 9x5x3-inch pans for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers come out clean.

Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Remove waxed paper or parchment paper.

Cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. If desired, serve with Spiced Cream Cheese Butter. Makes 2 loaves (28 servings)

Spiced Cream Cheese Butter

Ingredients

• 2 3 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
  • 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar

Directions

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and allspice. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Cover and chill.

Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 1-1/4 cups (twenty 1-tablespoon servings).

By LRP from LWL, MA

Ingredients

• 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Directions

Bring 1/2 cup butter and water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add flour and stir until dough forms a ball. Let cool until just warm to the touch. Add eggs one at a time. Beat with mixer 5 minutes. Spread on a greased jellyroll pan. Brush top with about 1/2 cup melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. Will puff during baking. Serves 4-6.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Quick Sweet Cinnamon Bread Recipe. Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes. . .

One of my favorite bread recipes.

Thaw the loaf of bread. Roll it out flat on a floured surface. Spread the butter or margarine on the flattened dough. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl; sprinkle over the buttered surface of the dough.

Where does the 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt come into place? There is no indication of it in the instructions for the chocolate cinnamon bread recipe.

By patrival from Montreal, QC

I was wondering the same thing. The recipe was one of the contest contenders in this post:

http://www.thri  4548417.tip.html Thanks!

Not sure, but in another cake mix I've used successfully lots of times, ice cream or frozen yogurt is beat in along with the other wet ingredients. I let my my ice cream become less hard before I used it. Hope this works!

Nica