Cinnamon Ornaments

(Note: These are NOT to be eaten!) This is a very simple recipe and one that you will really enjoy!

Ingredients

• Large jar of applesauce
  • 2 or 3 jars of Cinnamon (I buy them at the 99c store!)
  • Christmas cookie cutters
  • A drinking straw

Directions

Pour the jar of applesauce into a bowl and slowly keep mixing in cinnamon until it forms a dough. Sprinkle some cinnamon onto a cutting board or table and roll the dough out at least 1-2 inches thick. Using Christmas cookie cutters, cut out forms (I like gingerbread men the best for this!). Place forms on an ungreased cookie sheet and with the drinking straw, poke a hole on top. Bake on low (250 degrees F) for around an hour or until the forms become a little hard to the touch. Let cool. Tie ribbon through the hole and either hang your cinnamon ornament on your tree or use them on wrapped gifts!

Your kitchen will smell HEAVENLY for DAYS and the ornaments keep their wonderful smell of cinnamon well after the Holiday season!

By Sheila from Bayonne, NJ

Answers:

Cinnamon Ornaments

Ladies, I'm having a terrible time imagining that applesauce and spice makes a DOUGH? But I'll take your words for it and start watching for 99cent sales on Cinnamon/applesauce. I can't for the life of me figure how/why it would solidify, but I suppose you should know, so I may try it! lol : ) (12/26/2006)

By Lynda

Cinnamon Ornaments

Thank you! I can't wait to try it! (12/10/2007)

By hoptownracer1