My 15 amp circuit breaker keeps tripping. The only things that it operates are the garage door opener and the garage lights. I unplugged the garage door opener and turned off light and flipped back on, but it still trips.
When it does trip I can see an electric current or spark in the wire where it goes through the panel and out the bottom of the fuse box. Never any problems before, do you have any ideas? Thanks.
By Madcalf from Indianapolis, IN
There are some things best left to professionals. Electricity is one of them. If you can see sparks you have a potentially serious problem. Don't mess with it yourself. (07/31/2009)
A ditto on grannygirl's advice. Sounds like you have a short somewhere in that circuit that is tripping the breaker. It may be in the circuit breaker itself, they can "go bad" over time.
However, a competent electrician can fix this problem for you properly and safely. It is not something for the novice to mess with.
As a member of this website, we want to save money, but do so wisely. Paying for an electrician to do the job correctly may be a little costly up front, but it may save us money in the long run by not having our home burn down because of faulty wiring. It may not cost as much as you think to call in a pro.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!