Citrus Does Not Repel Cats

I have 8 (yes 8) citrus trees in my back yard and the miserable cats lounge in the shade under them, right beside the lemons, oranges, grapefruit, and limes that are near the ground. I have even seen them climbing in the citrus trees after the humming birds, woodpeckers and other birds.

Most likely not all cats are repelled by citrus. The scent that repels them is the volatile oils that are released when you cut into the peel of the fruit. The oils are not present unless the fruit is cut.

Sounds to me like the cats themselves aren't too miserable. ;>

Maybe wrap some sort of slippery, expandable material around the trunks to keep cats from scratching and climbing. I think there's something called Tree Armor that might fit the bill.

Then just chill and share your shade. :)

These cats might be helping more than hurting your trees. They are most likely after the birds and rodents that live among your trees. If its just a few trees, I can see how it must unnerve you if you do not like cats.

Trying cover their trunks with vinegar to get rid of the smell of their marking. They also have repellents that will not harm the kitties, but will keep them out of your yard. Hire a teen to apply either, like we do to mow our lawns or wash our cars. Keeps them busy, out of trouble, and teaches them life lessons as well. and pops up that good karma meter we could all use. ;) In worse case, call a rescue organization, not the pound or Animal Control... please?

If you could please just remember, these cats are just trying to do the very same thing we ALL are... Survive. Just dont hurt or kill them. Strange how unforgiving we can be about animals in our yard, that mean no harm, yet so complacent about the atrocities of "human beings...."

Sorry I forgot the most important thing: Thank You. I'm sure the Kits would if they could speak. <3

Bring just to the boil two cinnamon sticks in a quart of water. When cool spray this on the trunks.

hilarious!:)

I have read that Pepper, Rosemary, Vinegar and Coffee grounds repels kitties. Albeit they can be cute and fun to watch.... it's also annoying when they get into things they are not suppose to!:)

You are right my cat loves to eat oranges and grapefruit. My cat is a house cat and has never been outside.

Put some of the peels of the citrus around your trees .

I have a doggie door for my dogs and my cat uses it as well,my problem is other cats have been comen in threw it as well and have been sprayen threw out my house.It seems like anything ive used doesnt help the smell ive washed my couch cushions my blinds my drapes my bedding I shampooed I've used vinegar I even ordered stuff online that was a waste of money because it did not work any suggestions would be very highly appreciated

Homemade Cat Repellents
Homemade Cat Repellents
Pets AdviceJanuary 13, 2014
Lemon Peel
Uses for Citrus Peels
Homemade Citrus Cleaners
Homemade Citrus Cleaners
Storing Citrus Zest
Storing Citrus Zest
Plants That Repel Insects: Spearmint Plant
Plants That Repel Insects
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2017 at 12:16:58 PM on 10.0.0.58 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.