Cleaning An Above Ground Pool

I have an above ground pool that has a terrible brownish ring/stain just about the water line. I've tried scrubbing it and using pool recommended cleaners, which haven't worked. Monsoon storms left a fine layer of dirt on the bottom that the vacuum is not picking up. It's a mess! Any ideas?

LeAnne

Answers:

Cleaning An Above Ground Pool

I don't know if it is recommended by the pool companies but I used Clorox clean up spray on mine and it came out really nice. My pool is about 16 years old and I'm only on second liner. Friends tell me that is really good.

(07/22/2005)

By Carol

Cleaning An Above Ground Pool

My mother in law had the same problem. Use Soft Scrub with bleach and scrub, this works well. (07/23/2005)

By brandi

Cleaning An Above Ground Pool

Your stain is probably iron, but there is a chance it could also be bacterial. There are many products for pools, but an above ground pool has its own parameters. I suggest you contact the company that installed your pool and ask them. Most likely, they have products that they will be happy to sell you that will not harm the liner. Good luck. : )
(07/24/2005)

By Guest

Cleaning An Above Ground Pool

Try baking soda, that worked for a friend of mine. (07/25/2005)

By TC in MO

A blue above ground swimming pool.
Cleaning an Above Ground Pool
Above Ground Pool
Repairing an Above Ground Swimming Pool
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Above Ground Pool
Winterizing an Above Ground Pool
🎉
🎄