Cleaning Artificial Flowers

Category Miscellaneous
Cleaning Artificial Flowers
Artificial flowers can become dusty or dingy over time. This is a guide about cleaning artificial flowers.

How do I clean artificial flowers?

By Charlie

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I swish mine in water, with washing up liquid added, then leave them on a towel to dry. I quite often spray them with some room spray or light perfume.

Best Answer

I make up some soapy dish water with a touch of oxy clean in in and swish my flowers around in it. I then rinse them and shake as much water out as possible. allow to dry upside down overnight in the dish drainer and then replace in vase or container.

Gem

Best Answer

I do not buy anything other then cheap furniture polish. Spray 'it' on my silk flowers and walk away, folks compliment how nice my silk plants and flowers look. I got the idea from these folks (thrifty fun) some time ago and it works!

How do I clean artificial flowers?

By Sandy from Eddy, TX

Answers:

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

I soak mine in dish detergent and water and gently stir the water around them to loosen the dust. Rinse off well and leave in drainboard to dry on their own or place on a towel. If small parts escape into the water, I fish them out and attach. As long as you aren't brutal with the swishing of water the silk flowers will keep their shape once dry. (02/20/2011)

By Lorelei

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

Put them in a plastic garbage sack with some regular table salt. Tie the bag and shake, shake, shake. The salt gets off the dust and loose dirt! Voila! (02/22/2011)

By dreamwvr

How do you clean artificial flowers?

By Beverly from Placerville, CA

Answers:

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

A little old lady told me this a long time ago and it works. Are you ready? Spray it with furniture polish and walk away. Something in the polish eats the dust. I keep mine looking beautiful and get compliments. People will think you spend hours cleaning them. (It will be our little secret, lol!) (11/18/2010)

By C.M1

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

I have had luck with gently rinsing them under the faucet with the water turned on low. (11/23/2010)

By Maryeileen

Some artificial flowers are washable. Dip the flowers, one at a time, in a solution of two tablespoons of sudsy ammonia and one quart of water, rinse well and drain on towels.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Answers:

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

I use my blow dryer on the cooler setting. (10/06/2010)

By DorothyNYC

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

I just swish them through water under the tap to remove the dust, and give them a shake to get the water off. Sometimes I fill the sink and swish them there. Nothing special! I've had some for years (too long, really!!) (10/09/2010)

By louel53

Artificial flowers and greenery can be easily cleaned by throwing them into a paper bag partially filled with coarse salt and/or cornmeal. Just shake.

By Robin

Answers:

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

Also, you can mix some powdered automatic dishwasher soap and water in a bucket and submerge the fake plant/flower (upside down works most easily) and twirl around in the water for a minute or so and, voila! Very clean and dust/dirt free. Simply hang upside down over sink or outside to air dry. (01/31/2005)

By Suzie

Cleaning Artificial Flowers

To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the flowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and leave your artificial flowers looking like new! Works like a charm!

By Wendy (03/05/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Scrubbing Bubbles

To clean artificial flowers, spray on a foaming bathroom cleaner like Scrubbing Bubbles and let the flowers sit until you can see the dirt has loosened. Rinse well with water and air dry. This method gets them really clean!
(04/25/2005)

By By truerblue