Cleaning Bamboo Floors

I just had bamboo hardwood floors put in my house. I bought one of those Swiffer Wet Jets with the cleaning solution made for hardwood. It leaves streaks and foot prints. Does anyone have any better solutions? I don't know if bamboo hardwood is different from regular hardwood in the way of cleaning. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Dana from Newkensington, PA

Answers:

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

I just had bamboo floors installed also and I got a great product, Bellawood All Natural Soy Based Hardwood Floor Cleaner. It even removes the residue or foggy-ness left by other cleaners. And it's only $6 for a 32 oz spray bottle. Go to bellawood.com or 1-800-356-6746 to order. (07/10/2007)

By sej9317

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

I use an empty quart spray bottle and put one tablespoon of PineSol in it, then fill with water.

Then I wet and wring out a cleaning towel, spray my bamboo floor with the cleaning mixture and wipe/scrub with the cloth. I use a ScrubbeeDoo handle and head from Don Aslett's Cleaning Center to hold the cloth so I don't have to get down on my hands and knees, but obviously it would work just as well if you get down on them to clean.

This works really well, is very inexpensive, and I don't have to rinse. Just make sure the cloth is well-wrung out and you should have streak-free floors. The PineSol leaves a bit of scent, but it wafts out pretty quickly.

(07/11/2007)

By Katie A.

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

I have hardwood, not bamboo, but I doubt that there's anything different as far as cleaning. I do what the first poster does, but I use Murphy's Oil Soap mixed with water. It works great, it's inexpensive, and it smells nice. (07/12/2007)

By RDLaure

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

Pinesol is a light stripper. It will ruin waxed vinyl floors. Not sure long term if it good for the shine on your floor. (11/08/2007)

By Eric S.

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

I have had my bamboo floors for 3 years. I tried water and vinegar at first, and it was a nightmare, plus everything I've read says not to use water. The store I bought the flooring from recommended Bona Hardwood Floor cleaner with a microfiber mop. It's the only thing I use now, and works nicely although doesn't give me that "deep-down" clean feeling. I buy the large refill jugs of cleaner so it doesn't cost as much. (06/14/2008)

By Kathy R.

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

I was very upset when I saw that any mops or chemicals are not good enough for my bamboo floor. (I have a big German Shepard also, imagine that). One day I saw on TV the commercial with this mop. I bought it and believe me is great. If you will have it don't let the steam very much time (use the ON/OFF button) it is good for any floor and carpets. Try it. Look here: gammouda.com (01/18/2009)

By Hanuka

Photo of a bamboo floor.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Bamboo
Selling Bamboo
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
🎉
🎄