Cleaning Bath Tub Jets

I moved into a home that has a Whirlpool bathtub. When I operate the jets, a black substance comes out. What could it be and how do I clean it? I ran the tub for an hour and still have the substance.

By Electus from Jacksonville, FL

Cleaning Bath Tub Jets

I saw this on one of those filthy house shows, the english version. They ran a hot bath and put in a dishwasher tablet, just trying to remember if you have these in the States. You could use a standard dose of whatever you use in your dishwasher; let it dissolve and stand for 10 minutes then you run the jets a few times. Hopefully this will do the trick if not repeat the procedure until they run clean. Hope this helps seems like an easy fix to me. (01/17/2011)

By Kentishmaid

Luxury bathroom with jetted tub.
Cleaning Bath Tub Jets
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub