Cleaning Blood Stain on a Suede Coat

I have a tan suede leather jacket, that can only be cleaned by a dry cleaner and I got navel cord blood on the sleeve and I don't know how to get it out.

Crystal from Arkansas

Hydrogen Peroxide

Soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and dab it on the spot until it is soaked. Let dry and repeat if there is still some left. I've never had to do this more than 3 times that was when I splattered iodine on my scrubs! Don't pour the peroxide on because it tends to roll off whatever material I try to pour it on, the cotton ball or rag, sock, whatever works great. Good luck! (06/21/2004)

By Jamie Shouse

If the blood is your blood your own saliva will get the blood out. As a quilter we are told to dab any blood with our own "spit" the enzymes in the saliva react to the blood. So maybe if you get a towel and go dabbing with your saliva you may be successful. (06/21/2004)

By Lois

Saline Solution

You can buy a small bottle of 0.9% normal saline solution at the pharmacy (should be in the area with wound dressing supplies). This should do the trick. This is a tip I learned while in nursing school. (06/21/2004)

By Nancy

Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide works GREAT! (06/03/2006)

By bloody_barrels

Display of suede jacket, pants, boots, and umbrella
Cleaning Blood from Suede
Suede Jacket
Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing
Blue Suede Shoes
Removing Mildew on Suede
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress