Cleaning Burners on a Gas Range

I need advice on how to clean gas burners on a gas range. The gas company claims I need to clean them in order for them to work and they did not tell me how. Anyone have any tips or instructions for me? The range is a Jenn Air.

Cleaning Burners on a Gas Range

Sometimes my gas stove burners get clogged with "gunk", when this happens I just remove the burner part and soak in warm soapy water for a few minutes. Then I take a fine wire and poke it in all of the little hole around the burner, then let running water from the faucet clean out the stuff I have poked out, this works for me. You might want to try that and see if it works. Also if you have the instruction manual that came with your stove, it may have tips in it on how to clean this. Or if there is a phone # or web site, you could call or write to them and ask them how to clean the burners. Hope this might be of help to you. (09/22/2005)

By Rosa

Cleaning Burners on a Gas Range

I have a Kenmore gas range and the following are instructions from my owner's manual:

1. Remove the burner cap from the burner base, if you have them.
  2. Clean the burner cap with warm, soapy water and a sponge.
  3. If the gas tube opening (in center of burner) has become soiled or clogged, use a damp cloth to clean the area.
  4. If the burner ports are clogged, clean them with a straight pin. Do not enlarge or distort the port. Very important: DO NOT use a wooden toothpick for this. If it breaks off in the burner port, you are stuck. By the way, the burner ports are the small holes that go around the burner.
  5. After cleaning the gas tube opening and ports, put the burner caps back on. Check to ensure the burner caps are seated properly, then turn on the burner to see if it will light.
Direction #4 is probably the one that will be most helpful in getting full gas flow at each burner and probably the one to which your gas company is referring.

Hope this helps!

Tori in PA (09/22/2005)

By truerblue

Cleaning Burners on a Gas Range

Boil them in Tide powder detergent it works wonders.
I did it a long time ago and a gas man who was there to adjust the pilot lights was the one who told me to do it with Tide.
He was amazed when he returned to the the needed adjustments. (10/17/2005)

Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean