Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

My husband fell asleep while cooking some green beans in my calphalon pan. You can see burned outlines of the green beans. I don't know what to use that won't harm my pans.

Sandy GTH from Humble, TX

Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

I would write to the company and ask, just to be on the safe side. I'm assuming those pans are expensive. I had some burnt on food on the outside of an older non-stick pan and I was able to remove with a Magic Eraser; however, I don't know if you should use it on your pan. Perhaps write to Mr Clean to ask if you could.

Also, you could try making a paste of baking soda and warm water and see if that might work. Use a non-abrasive scrubber, like a Dobie pad. Sorry I don't have any more advice. I just think contacting the company that makes your pans would be the best advice I could give. (08/20/2006)

By Debbie52

Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

Straight from Calphalon:

If the pans are anodized aluminum? DO NOT USE
Oven cleaners or other caustic cleaning solutions, baking soda, automatic dishwasher detergent, liquid bleach, liquid household cleaners used for walls, floors, porcelain, etc.

For stubborn burnt-on spots, allow your pan to cool then soak in hot, soapy water for 10 minutes. Burnt-on foods will lift off after soaking.

By caraing

Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

One thing I always try is just a small squirt (or a pump of the dawn foam) of dawn and water in the pan. Put it back on the stove and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes. A lot of times that will work. My sister in law was going to throw pans away and I saved an entire set for her. (09/05/2006)

By nikki

Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean