Browsing: Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets

Cookie sheets can end up with burnt grease and batter stuck to the sheet after you have finished baking that batch of yummy cookies. This is a guide about cleaning burnt cookie sheets.

Burnt Cookie Sheet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 8, 2009 Flag

Burnt Cookie SheetI have looked at a lot of burnt pan topics but I don't see what I need. My pan is not something I can boil in. I have a small toaster oven pan that seems to be double thick, not really thin. I have a black layer of burnt on ready to eat foods (fish sticks etc.) that I cannot get off.

I have tried vinegar with baking soda and peroxide and a few drops of soap and I have tried Dawn scrubber spray but it didn't work. There is a circle that is not burnt in the middle of the pan, and burnt black all around the edges. I have soaked it. I can't boil it because its a cookie sheet sort of pan. Any suggestions? I have tried the Magic Eraser (is that useful for anything) and the green scrubbie pads. I can't tell what it is. It's not coated for sure, but I imagine its aluminum.

By kristihilmoe from VA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Spray it with oven cleaner. Put the pan inside a plastic garbage bag and seal it shut. Leave it for 24 hours. Use rubber gloves to take it out. Anything burned on will come right off. This works for anything that has baked on. I do this when I am cleaning the oven racks as well.

You might try using a Magic Eraser. I have had good luck cleaning tough items with it.

Hi Kristi,

I got this use from the 'Queen of Clean' on one of her TV shows.She was cleaning a BBQ grill. I have since cleaned everything included; my 'Set it and Forget it' rotisserie, my toaster oven and my regular oven.

She took the grills and separately wrapped them in paper towels. She than took household ammonia and sprayed them until the paper towels were soaked. She placed them in a tightly wrapped plastic bag and left them overnight. The next day took them out, washed them in warm sudsy water and they were clean! I have used the above suggestions and this is the only one that never fails me. Be very careful though with the ammonia. You will need to plug your nose and if possible, cover your eyes with safety glasses. The fumes are obnoxious.

Well, I tried the oven cleaner over night in a bag, seems the pan was coated. Ate off a lot of the coating and left the gunk where the coating was still there. Grr. tried the sos pad on what was left, some came off. Now its a multi-surfaced coated/non coated/gunky pan!

Read More Answers...

October 8, 2008 Flag

I've read through the solutions for removing burned food from stainless cookware, but I have burned apple pie juice on an insulated cookie sheet, which cannot be soaked. Any suggestions, besides throwing it out?

Dee from St. Paul, MN

I use spray on oven cleaner when my cookie sheets & baking pans start looking bad. I just spray on & let it sit over night.

This is a trick that my grandmother showed me. Anytime you have food stuck on or baked on a pot or pan, you fill the pot or pan with tap water as hot as you can get it, then place a drier sheet in the pot or pan, and let it sit overnight. The drier sheet will "magically" loosen any baked on food. I have tried it, and it works wonderfully.

Trick from dear old Mom: Plug kitchen sink & run tap water as hot as possible. Put pan in sink and sprinkle thoroughly w/ powdered dishwashing soap, then let soak overnight. In AM burnt stuff should slide right off. ( Oftrn not necessary to even soak overnite). Rinse and clean as usual -- might need a scrubby sponge (safe abrasive looping) or the plastic edge of common handled kitchen scrubber that holds soap to scrape a few last remnants, or run it under the ,very hot water again, sprinkle with dishwashing powder (or similar such as Barkeeper's Friend & repeat. Any remnants should slide right off!

When something has burned on a cookie sheet OR even on the oven bottom.....shake some salt on it....This causes the juices to burn to a so it can be removed easily.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJuly 13, 2013
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
A used cookie sheet in need of cleaning.
Cleaning Cookie Sheets and Bakeware
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:21:03 PM on 10.0.1.174 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.