Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets

Cookie sheets can end up with burnt grease and batter stuck to the sheet after you have finished baking that batch of yummy cookies. This is a guide about cleaning burnt cookie sheets.

Burnt Cookie Sheet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Burnt Cookie SheetI have looked at a lot of burnt pan topics but I don't see what I need. My pan is not something I can boil in. I have a small toaster oven pan that seems to be double thick, not really thin. I have a black layer of burnt on ready to eat foods (fish sticks etc.) that I cannot get off.

I have tried vinegar with baking soda and peroxide and a few drops of soap and I have tried Dawn scrubber spray but it didn't work. There is a circle that is not burnt in the middle of the pan, and burnt black all around the edges. I have soaked it. I can't boil it because its a cookie sheet sort of pan. Any suggestions? I have tried the Magic Eraser (is that useful for anything) and the green scrubbie pads. I can't tell what it is. It's not coated for sure, but I imagine its aluminum.

By kristihilmoe from VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well, I tried the oven cleaner over night in a bag, seems the pan was coated. Ate off a lot of the coating and left the gunk where the coating was still there. Grr. tried the sos pad on what was left, some came off. Now its a multi-surfaced coated/non coated/gunky pan!

Read More Answers...

I've read through the solutions for removing burned food from stainless cookware, but I have burned apple pie juice on an insulated cookie sheet, which cannot be soaked. Any suggestions, besides throwing it out?

Dee from St. Paul, MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Trick from dear old Mom: Plug kitchen sink & run tap water as hot as possible. Put pan in sink and sprinkle thoroughly w/ powdered dishwashing soap, then let soak overnight. In AM burnt stuff should slide right off. ( Oftrn not necessary to even soak overnite). Rinse and clean as usual -- might need a scrubby sponge (safe abrasive looping) or the plastic edge of common handled kitchen scrubber that holds soap to scrape a few last remnants, or run it under the ,very hot water again, sprinkle with dishwashing powder (or similar such as Barkeeper's Friend & repeat. Any remnants should slide right off!

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJuly 13, 2013
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
A used cookie sheet in need of cleaning.
Cleaning Cookie Sheets and Bakeware
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 4:57:26 PM on 10.0.2.98 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.