Cleaning Burnt Pans

The inside of a stainless kettle burnt after I forgot I was steaming beans. How do I clean the kettle?

By Donna from Big Bend, WI

Answers:

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I usually start by boiling some water in pan with baking soda just to heat the water and then let soak overnight.
Lots of gunk will scrape clean then with a spatula. I look at what's left and use a scratcher or steel wool pad.
Occasionally a kitchen pumice is needed. Just glide it flat over the burnt part and because the burn actually sticks up above the level of the pan, it sort of sands it off. Of course you can't use it on a non stick, but soda water will usually be enough for non-stick. Pumice works great on pots and pans, but try to use the flat side always, and keep it flat, as it seems gentler on the pan. (07/28/2010)

By PIKKA

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I watched an episode of "How Clean Is Your House" and they just poured a can of Coca Cola into the burnt pot, enough to cover the burned bits, and brought it to a boil. They allowed it to cool. The burned remains then just whisked off. (07/30/2010)

By MotherOfTwelveCats

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I finally after trying many chemicals found the answer. I mixed the muratic acid that I use for my pool in equal amounts with water and poured it in the pan. In about 15 minutes all the burnt food was floating. No scrubbing.

EDITORS NOTE: Muratic acid is NOT meant to be ingested, it can in fact cause severe damage to the human body if ingested. Please don't use it as a cleansing solution for items you cook on or eat from. (09/08/2010)

By Danny N

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎄