Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Carpets Without Chemicals

I have become a big fan of using vinegar and baking soda to spot clean my carpet. It works wonderfully. Can anyone tell me how I can use my carpet cleaner to do the whole room without chemicals?

By Karen

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By lindsay lenz [1]01/22/2015

Sprinkle the whole room with baking soda. Then in a home carpet shampooer fill the shampoo cartridge full with this mixture. 1 gal white vinegar, 1 large bottle of lemon juice, 1 pint of witch hazel, and 1 cup peroxide. This will yield almost 1.5 gallons. This mixture works very good and is safe for all carpets. I use it in my carpet shampooing business, and have had amazing results added bonus: there is no detergent, so you wont be left with crunchy stiff carpet. Www.facebook.com/lenzcarpetshampooing. A link to my business page so you can view before and after photos of carpets and upholstery cleaned using this mixture.

By JaneF [1]05/14/2013

Hi Karen
This this is the solution my husband uses in our carpet cleaning machine.
1/2 cup powdered Tide
4 caps Lysol general cleaner
2 caps Bleach
1/4 cup Mr Clean general cleaner

We have used it for years and works very well.

By weinerdog41 [33]05/13/2013

I just mix vinegar and hot water in my carpet shampooer. I don't measure.