Cleaning Carpets Without Chemicals

I have become a big fan of using vinegar and baking soda to spot clean my carpet. It works wonderfully. Can anyone tell me how I can use my carpet cleaner to do the whole room without chemicals?

By Karen

I just mix vinegar and hot water in my carpet shampooer. I don't measure.

Hi Karen

This this is the solution my husband uses in our carpet cleaning machine.

1/2 cup powdered Tide

4 caps Lysol general cleaner

2 caps bleach

1/4 cup Mr Clean general cleaner

We have used it for years and works very well.

Sprinkle the whole room with baking soda. Then in a home carpet shampooer fill the shampoo cartridge full with this mixture. 1 gal white vinegar, 1 large bottle of lemon juice, 1 pint of witch hazel, and 1 cup peroxide. This will yield almost 1.5 gallons. This mixture works very good and is safe for all carpets. I use it in my carpet shampooing business, and have had amazing results added bonus: there is no detergent, so you wont be left with crunchy stiff carpet. Www.facebook.com/lenzcarpetshampooing. A link to my business page so you can view before and after photos of carpets and upholstery cleaned using this mixture.

Thank you so much for your mixture recipe! Exactly what i was looking for. I do have a questions though. I have to rent a rug doctor type of machine to clean my carpets this time, how much of the solution would I need to use per gallon of hot water? Or would I use straight solution each time I have to fill the bucket? I do have a couple of "pet" spots that I will be pre treating but I want a deep clean all over each room of carpet.

Thank you for your time and attention in advance!!

Will the peroxide hurt the color of the carpet? I have that light tan color carpet. Thanks for any help!!

Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMay 8, 2013
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper
Man Steam Cleaning a Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet Cleaning
🎄