Cleaning Ceramic Floor Tiles

What is a good way to clean glazed ceramic floor tiles?

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

Cleaning Ceramic Floor Tiles

I have tile floors and all I have to do is take a splash of white vinegar (brown vinegar will stain your light tiles so use white) in a gallon bucket and mop your floor. It disinfects and cleans just fine. The smell only lasts a few minutes. Within an hour most of it is gone. You may also use a splash of bleach and it smells sweeter, but it is a lot harder on your septic. Be careful of course, because anything it touches will be eaten through if you get too much on it.

When they installed it, they said don't use soap on your tile as it collects dirt and of course that just defeats your purpose.

Hope it works for you 2. (01/01/2007)

By valley girl

Cleaning Ceramic Floor Tiles

Don't forget to put that stuff on the grout annually to protect it. I don't know what it is, I've just heard it needs doing. (01/02/2007)

By cookwie

Cleaning Ceramic Floor Tiles

I have a Hoover FloorMate for hard surfaces. I love it. Just use the cleaner that comes with it and in no time the floors are clean. The machine also vacuums the wet surface and it is dry as you go. Easy to use. I'm 75 and have no problems keeping my floors clean. (08/25/2008)

By clean floor everytime

Cleaning Ceramic Floor Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Old brown tile
Repairing Uneven Tile Floor
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
Tile Craft
Crafts Using Tiles