Cleaning Chalky Film Off Glasses

My daughter did not let me know that we were out of dishwasher soap and proceeded to use the liquid Jet Dry as soap. Every dish had a chalky film on it. The plastics washed clean after a few washes, but the glass glasses are still chalky looking after several weeks of use. I thought of trying to clean them with vinegar, but wasn't sure if that would help. Anyone ever deal with something like this?

Tawnda

Answers:

Cleaning Chalky Film Off Glasses

I would think white vinegar would be the way to go. You could drench a rag with some white vinegar and try rubbing the glass and see if it removes the film. If that works you could try soaking them with a ratio of 1:3 vinegar and water for a couple hours, then take them out and clean with rag and it should remove the film. (05/08/2004)

By Anne H.

Cleaning Chalky Film Off Glasses

Yes, vinegar will work. Run your dished though a complete cycle and add vinegar to the water when the machine fills.You can even add the vinegar several times throughout this cycle This should take care of the film on the dishes!
Sandy (05/10/2004)

By Sandy

Cleaning Chalky Film Off Glasses

Try soaking your glasses in white household vinegar. I would first run a load in the dishwasher with 2 cups vinegar and no soap. If this doesn't work, you will probably need to soak them for a few hours. This has always worked for me.
Good Luck (05/11/2004)

By J Walker

White Film on Dishes
Removing White Film From Dishes
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎉
🎄