Cleaning Coffee Stain Off Plastic Carafe Lid

I am trying to clean the coffee stain off of a carafe lid. The lid is white plastic and although I have cleaned all the residue off, the plastic has been stained. Any help? I have tried everything I can think of, including denture tablets, but nothing touches it.

Laurie

Answers:

Did you try to soak it in some bleach water? I've had good luck with that method. (06/25/2005)

By Luvyabye

Try dishwasher gel. Just smear it on and let it sit overnight. If that doesn't work, cover with a double layer of paper towel or a cloth and saturate with straight bleach. Leave overnight. (06/27/2005)

Clorox Cleanup works really well on coffee and tea stains; also you could try Soft Scrub with bleach, or sit it in the sun for several hours. Good luck. (06/27/2005)

By suzi homemaker

You could try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It cleans up all kinds of stuff. (06/28/2005)

By Allison

Bar Keeper's Friend. Go to barkeepersfriend.com. I've found this product at Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond and some grocery stores. It sells for between $2-3. (07/06/2005)

By Jennifer, CA

That new cleaner, BAM, works great on just about everything and I found it @ CVS for $1.59. It's much more expensive at the grocery stores. (12/08/2005)

By flpatty2000

I spilled coffee inside my microwave and stained it. The coffee carafe lid also was stained. I bought the Clean-n-Brite concentrate powder. Then I make 100s of bottles of cleaner by adding my own water and mixing. It also removed betadine stains from my hospital shoes. Sometimes they have free samples in the spring. (03/16/2007)

By Jeff B.

Use the OxyClean that's advertised on TV. Make a solution with a couple of tablespoons in hot water, pour into the carafe or soak the stained items in it. Within 10-15 minutes super clean. Works on stainless steel and plastic. Rinse well. (09/27/2008)

By Ed

pan with lid
Removing a Lid Stuck on a Pan
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Coffee Carafe
Cleaning a Coffee Carafe
🎄
🍂