Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

How do you clean the inside of a thermos carafe? It is stained with coffee.

Sheila from Boynton Beach, FL

Answers:

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

I would think a little baking soda and water would do the trick. I would put a bit in the container, place the lid back on and shake, shake, shake. Afterwards, I would empty and rinse well with hot water. A vinegar and water combo would more than likely do the trick as well.

I hope this works.

Marla

(12/30/2007)

By forgetmenotaromas

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

You could try using hot water and 1-2 denture cleaning tablets. Dissolve the tablets in the carafe, let sit overnight, then wash and rinse as usual. This works well on my thermos. (12/30/2007)

By Jean

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

When I worked at a restaurant and the coffee carafe got dirty, we filled it with Coke and let it sit for about 30mins. No scrubbing necessary! (12/30/2007)

By Londa

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

I use a Mr. Clean magic Eraser! (12/30/2007)

By carol

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

I use automatic dishwasher detergent. Before I read about this tip, I had a difficult time keeping the thermos clean. The first time I used this method, I had to soak the thermos several times to clean it. It was pretty disgusting to see how dirty it was all that time. Once a week, I sprinkle about one tablespoon of DW detergent in a stainless steel one quart thermos and add enough hot water to fill.

After putting the lid on tightly, I shake it gently and let it soak for about an hour or more. I turn it upside down for half the time to make sure both top and bottom get cleaned. Rinse thoroughly with water and let air dry upside down.

The thermos is used weekly for coffee, so during the week, I rinse it thoroughly and drain overnight.
(01/03/2008)

By Mike

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

If the baking soda and water trick doesn't work, try using slightly moistened baking soda as an abrasive and scrub using nylon net. Works for my coffee/tea cups. (01/03/2008)

By nanaverm

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

1/8 cup of bleach works great on thermos or glass carafe. As you swish it around, you can see the coffee coming off in layers until it is sparkling clean. You only need to do once a month or when it begins to stain. Rinse thoroughly with hot water. (08/08/2008)

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

When cleaning Thermos products, never use bleach or harsh detergent; a mild dishwashing liquid is sufficient. Use a damp washcloth or sponge to clean the exterior of lunchboxes or Thermos mugs, and rinse mugs after each use with warm water. If beverages have been in the mug for hours, soaking the mug for a few minutes is best to keep the mug fresh for further use.

I found this here:

http://www.gourmet.org/articles/thermos-company-products.html (11/06/2008)

By Barstow

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

I am here to tell you that my thermos was black with coffee stain. I tried baking soda, vinegar, Coca-cola, and pennies, nothing worked. Then I tried dishwasher detergent, my thermos is spotless. (12/15/2008)

By Jason

Cleaning Coffee Thermos Carafe

As most of the great scientific discoveries are accidents, this is what I found. As I usually drink white tea (which in the end leaves my thermos as dirty as it can be), once I tried Coldrex and hot water. I filled the thermos and an hour later it was perfectly shiny.

NB: messes up a tea though, so if it's your last pack and you have a nasty cold... (02/26/2009)

By Grass

Coffee Carafe
Cleaning a Coffee Carafe
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
🎉
🎄