Cleaning Coffee and Tea Stains from Cups

I used to live in England and they drink lots of tea there. The way that they clean the stains is to wet the inside of the cup and rub salt over the stains. It works easy and fast. This also works for coffee stains.

By Heather from Whitman, MA

Answers:

I buy an container of Oxygen based cleaner at the Dollar store and just put about 1/2 scoop in the cup, fill it with hot water and the stains are removed immediately. No scrubbing with anything harsh that might damage the surface of the cup or mug. (12/06/2006)

By Roberta

excellent suggestion (01/07/2007)

By Ed

Best for me have been the commercial tablets sold to clean dentures. Drop one in the dirty cup filled with water, and Voila! Completely clean in a few minutes. (02/27/2007)

By Max

I tried Jane's toothpaste method. It worked like a charm!!! The toothpaste I used contained baking soda too, which could have made the results all the more amazing. (05/12/2007)

By David

I use 409 spray. Just spray it on and watch the stains run. If the stains don't run with just spraying the 409 on the stains, then take a sponge that has the non-stick cookware scrubber on one side, wet the sponge with water and wash the cup with the 409 spray using the scrubber side of the sponge. The stains will wash away with very little effort. (01/12/2008)

By Joanne

The oxygen cleaner works like a charm with NO effort! (04/23/2008)

By Honey

This truly works and it is so easy. Thank you! (07/06/2008)

By sjhills

The salt worked like a charm and so fast! Thanks (07/12/2008)

By Hope

Thank you - amazing! and no environmental impact. THANK YOU! (07/25/2008)

By Gordon

For VERY tough tea stains, this finally did the trick - first, scrubbed with salt and damp green scrubby, then scrubbed with baking soda, then soaked in pure bleach for half an hour. None of these worked on their own, but a combination of all seemed to loosen the stain and finally remove it.

Thanks for advice! (09/07/2008)

By Julie

I have read through the entire list of suggestions for cleaning tea/coffee stains from cups from the list of posted suggestions and have tried them all at one time or another. None of them worked.

The cup has the name "Eurita, Reston Lloyd", Made in China. They are light colored and have a glossy finish. They are light in weight so I am sure the are not china, but they may be ceramic. (12/04/2008)

By Norman T.

I just used the salt method. It worked great. Thanks a million. (01/01/2009)

By Jen

Cream of tartar and a little water work great on cups and on your coffee pot. (01/17/2009)

By j suber

Denture Cleaning Tablets for Coffee and Tea Cup Stains
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
dirty coffee cup
Cleaning Discolored Coffee Cups
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
🎉
🎄