Cleaning Corelle Dishes

Category Dishes
stained cup
A durable glass dinnerware that is break and chip resistant, but can develop stubborn stains. This is a guide about cleaning Corelle dishes.

When we moved 5 years ago, my Corelle dishes were all white. However, after time using the dishwasher that was in the house, my dishes have turned dingy gray, especially on the bottom and around the edges. I've tried baking soda (that worked on my glasses) to no avail. Today, while hand washing them I thought 'let's see what vinegar does. So I poured some in a dishpan and put some bowls in - and lo and behold - they came out white. I really should have tried that sooner since I knew what other miracles vinegar performs. I just wanted to share this. I wrote Corelle and they never answered. I've also tried different cleansers but no good, the whole time the best and cheapest cleaner was in my cupboard.

How do you remove gray metal marks made by knives while cutting meat on Corelle plates during meals?

Answers

Best Answer

The following is some info I found at corelle.com:

CARE

Wash by hand or in automatic dishwasher. Load dishes to avoid bumping against other items during cycle. To remove gray or rust marks, clean with non-abrasive cleanser. If scouring is necessary, use only plastic or nylon cleaning pads with non-abrasive cleansers. DO NOT allow stoneware mugs to soak/stand in water for an extended period of time.

Does anyone know how to remove coffee stains from the inside of white corell coffee cups?

Jenny in KY

Try scrubbing with a baking soda and water paste.

Try putting a denture cleanser tablet in the cup with very hot water and let it sit for a half hour or so. I also use denture tablets to clean my rings.

Stanlie

Pour a small amount of pure old liquid chlorine bleach (2 to 3 tablespoons) into one cup. Leave it full strength. Swirl it around so the bleach coats the entire inner surface of the cup.......then pour it into the next stained cup and do the same. Let the treated cups set for 5 or 10 minutes. Then just wash normally with soap and water and rinse,stains gone! I always put a "small" splash of liquid bleach in my sink each time I fill it to wash dishes. I don't take a chance on bacteria hanging around on my dishcloths or sponges!

Bleach is the only answer I found that works every time.......But read your dish washing detergent bottle before you plunge them in to wash them......some, like Dawn say not to mix with bleach, so you may have to rinse well first...

You also can scrub them lightly with a bleach cleanser, name brand or store brand.

I don't know what Corell cups are but for coffee and tea stains in cups I use salt. Just a sprinkle on the damp cup and rub round with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Then wash as normal. Its just the mild abrasive action, like the baking soda tip, that works.

Regards

Jo

Bar Keeper's Friend. Wonderful all purpose cleaner.

Check out their website:barkeepersfriend.com

It cleans: porcelin, glass, fiberglass, copper, stainless steel,plastic etc. It is a wonderful product.

Mix as apaste with water. For your cups, use a toothbrush. Seconds you're done! I've found this product at Walmart for $1.70. One can will last you six month or longer. Beside vinegar, baking soda, and windex. Barkeeper's friend it about all I ever use for cleaning!

Happing cleaning! :)

I dampen the inside of the cup and then sprinkle baking soda onto a damp cloth. Wipe the inside of your cup until the stain is removed. If the stain is stubborn, repeat. I never use bleach as I believe it is too caustic and destroys the finish on the cup.

I just take my damp dish rag, pour straight Joy dishwashing soap on it and wipe over the coffee stain,and it comes right out.

I too use denture cleaning tablest, boil a little water until it's hot but not rapid, then pour it in and drop the tablet in and let it set about 10 minutes, it also works great in coffee pots & the filter holder part of it.

hot water and Oxyclean. Let the cup soak in the hot water with the Oxyclean added. I add it directly to my corning ware stuff. When I remember to check it later, the inside is spotless.

Use a lemon half. I had some halfs left over from some lemon tea that I made and then while I was doing the dishes i just grabbed one in frustration to get the super dark tea stains out.

It worked. It worked so well I had to call my wife over to show her. Try it !

I fill the sink and put in about 1/2 c of bleach. Then I pile in any cups, dishes, Corning Ware pots and let soak. Then, rinse well, and run thru the dishwasher and they are sparkling clean!

Oxyclean in a -embarrassed to say this... 1 yr old stainless pot that was black. Already tried the brushes and soap. Not good enough. The HOT water and Oxy took out all the "top" 3/4ths of the black and then I scrubbed the bottom and re-did that. Simply amazing.

I found Mr Clean Magic erasers work great. I also used one with a long handled wooden spoon to clean the inside of my husbands thermos. Wow couldn't believe how bad it was and I clean it every night.

I just need tips on how to get a mark off a Corelle plate.

I have winter white Corelle dishes. On account of my well water they have brown stains on them. I have tried several different things and so far nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? My dishes look dirty and I know they are clean.

By Terri B.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Can anyone please advise me on how to remove spoon marks from the inside of Corelle coffee mugs? I have tried scourers, bleach, vinegar, bicarb, salt and soaking them in different mixes of these items. They are still there. Please help.

By Ann from Hobart, Tasmania

Try the new fangled sponges that clean just about anything. I use 'em on my floors (scuffs), on my dry erase board, on my refrigerator that had the plastic wrap marks on it from delivery, those things clean just about anything. Good luck!

Baking soda and water, or sos (steel wool) pads work on coffee and tea stains.

A scouring powder called Barkeepers Friend is great for this. I have some small white bowls that so the same thing.

Thank you Lizzyanny, Leapord and halfwhit.I have just received your response and will try anything, I expect it will take me a few days to try them and I am sure to get back to you all and let you know what works.

Thank you

Lucky Me