Cleaning Diamond Earrings

Category Jewelry
A pair of diamond stud earrings isolated against a white background
Keeping your diamond earrings brilliant and sparkly can be done at home. This is a guide about cleaning diamond earrings.

Does anyone have any ideas for cleaning diamond earrings and pendants? They're a little small to clean by scrubbing with a brush and they just need to have soap residue/body oils removed. Would soaking them in bathroom 'scum remover' harm them?

Thanks a bunch!

Lee-Ann

Best Answer

Glass cleaner is the best, my uncle is a jeweler and this is what he recommends to use when at home.(He has a steamer and such at the office) Just soak it in glass cleaner for a little while and then brush with a small toothbrush and then rinse.

Eva

Best Answer

I use a solution of half water and half household ammonia to clean all of my jewelry, with the exception of pearls and opals. Just drop the jewelry in, let it sit for a few minutes, then brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush if desired.

Best Answer

When we bought my wife's wedding ring, they told us (and showed us) that all they use to clean the diamond jewelry is a de-greasing dish soap (like Dawn, etc) to remove the oils and grease. We've been using this for our jewelry and have been pleased.

Best Answer

I use a small jar with a screw on lid, put a few drops each of ammonia and dish detergent, add hot tap water, drop the jewelry in, close the jar, agitate gently, let soak for 15 minutes, rinse in a colander and air dry. Works on any type but pearls, opals, turquoise.

Best Answer

Jeweler use steam machines. There are now small versions of these machines available through upscale jewelry stores and via the internet. Nothing compares to these machines. My diamonds always sparkle - and I continually receive compliments about my jewelry.

Best Answer

I've tried pretty well everything mentioned. I did like the peroxide because it's "effervescence" seems to remove and disintegrate any gunk, especially in a channel style setting. For best shine, I've found that the Windex worked wonders.