Cleaning Dirty Car Upholstery

I have cloth seats in my Accord and they are very dirty. I have tried washing them with soap and water, but the stains keep coming back up. Can someone help?

Richard from Charlottesville, VA

Answers:

Cleaning Dirty Car Upholstery

I would bite the bullet and get it professionally detailed, maybe check craigslist.com in your local area and offer a trade. Sometimes it is just worth it; mine came back looking brand new, and it was 5 years old and 120,000 miles.(05/09/2006)

By camo_angels

Cleaning Dirty Car Upholstery

Rather than having my son's used car detailed professionally when he got it, I bought a small Bissell carpet cleaner from Overstock.com. Actually it may be an upholstery cleaner, because I know it has a hand-held device that's easy to use inside the car on upholstery and carpet. For the same price, I can do this myself whenever I want and I have the machine to use inside the house if I want. (05/11/2006)

By Carol in PA

Cleaning Dirty Car Upholstery

I use to get cloth seating and upholstery in cab of my big truck really dirty with grease. To get it all out, I use one part water with two parts of ammonia and a sponge not a cloth. Put on by dabbing do not rub into upholstery. If you have done that already keep washing with dabs. It may take some time, but it will he be restored like new. It will come out. Ammonia is super great for removing residue. Keep the sponge damp and keep cleaning sponge while doing this.

Annie (06/04/2006)

By Annie

Cleaning Dirty Car Upholstery

I use my carpet steam cleaner with the hand attachment. After my two very active little boys have been in the car everyday I have just about everything left on the fabric seats. I clean the car twice a year in the spring and fall unless there has been a major mess. The steam cleaner has worked every time. (08/25/2006)

By Judy

Cleaning Dirty Car Upholstery

I would try to clean it yourself before having it professionally detailed. I just bought a used car and the person I bought it from paid $150 to have it detailed. The seats and headliner are still stained and the car smelled. I got rid of the smell easily using Febreze and plan on trying Folex for the carpet and headliner. Clearly it was $150 wasted. (09/17/2007)

By Karen

A woman cleaning out the interior of her car.
Cleaning Car Upholstery
Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice Recipes
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
Leather Car Upholstery Cleaner Recipes
Leather Car Upholstery Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄