Cleaning Dog Pee Off a Cement Floor

Our Chow Chow has been wetting on the cement in our basement. How do I get rid of the odor?

Helen

Answers:

Cleaning Dog Pee Off a Cement Floor

Your local pet store should have an enzymic solution. It will actually "eat" the odor from the concrete.
If it is very bad, you might have to paint the floor with a KILZ-type product. We had to do that on the last house we moved to because the previous owner's 3 dogs wet the floors so much. (10/01/2008)

By kpeiffer

Cleaning Dog Pee Off a Cement Floor

One thing I have found that helps to get rid of pee smells after it has dried is to use a black light. For some reason I have found it helps to kill the smell of cat and dog odors. (10/20/2008)

By Bill

Cleaning Dog Pee Off a Cement Floor

Definitely use an enzymatic cleaner. There's a little trick to applying it though, to help it be more effective. I found this page that talks about how: homerepairgeek.com I don't know that you can ever fully get the urine out (it can get down in the concrete and release it's odor forever), so short of removing the concrete altogether, you're left with cleaning and sealing the surface. Gotta love pets. (02/19/2009)

By ericp

Cleaning Dog Pee Off a Cement Floor
Stains on Cement
Removing Stains on Cement
Pee Pee Cone
Making Pee Pee Cones
cat on carpet
Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
🎄