Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

Any suggestions on how to clean dog poop from carpet?

Ann from Grandy, NC

Answers:

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

Go to your pet store and get some "Nature's Miracle." It works every time. (09/22/2008)

By Amy

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

I got a Bissell steam cleaner and it works wonderfully. It is a great investment and I use it for just general clean up. (09/23/2008)

By Cosy

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

I just had a similar problem when I went back in the house. What I thought was mud was poop from a Malamute. I grabbed the Simple Green a paper towel. It worked like a dream. (10/10/2008)

By Ashley P.

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

While cleaning the house I started smelling a foul odor. I figured our puppy had something to do with it. She had very loose stool all over the carpet in our walk in closet, then stepped in it a brought it all into the bedroom. Yuck! I tried the equal part vinegar, hot water, and used a little bit of urine remover, worked like a charm. You may want to use something to cover up the smell though. Thanks.
(10/26/2008)

By Nicole E. from Tampa, FL

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

Thanks for the information. I used the hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar mixture. I let it set for about 3 minutes and used my Hoover carpet shampooer. It worked very well. It took a couple of times to get it all up due to it being set in as I was gone for a while. Just a side note. I was telling a friend of mine about the mixture and he said you can't leave it on too long as it will break down the fibers of the carpeting (as it would if you used it on clothes) and may cause damage. Thanks again!
(12/21/2008)

By Lindy and Bear (German Shepherd)

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

We have a St. Bernard who got diarrhea all over our cream carpeting at 2 am and I had little stain remover products. We used hot water, peroxide, vinegar, and half capful of detergent. I first picked up what I could with paper towels. Then started to blot the area with the solution. Next I scrubbed the area. I dried the area with a paper towel. Next I soaked my paper towel in the solution and saturated the area with the paper towel. I towel dried again and no trace left behind shockingly. There still is slight odor however, but got the job done and will follow up with something tomorrow. (01/16/2009)

By Maria

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

These postings saved my rug! Most commercial solutions have not been satisfactory for me in the past. I had dog diarrhea all over an expensive wool rug. We use mostly "green" cleaners in our house, so I wasn't sure if I'd get as good results. I mixed Seventh Generation liquid laundry detergent, Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day liquid dish soap, 20 Mule Team's laundry booster, hydrogen peroxide, and very hot water. After blotting up as much as I could with paper towels, I saturated the area with the solution and waited a couple of minutes. I then blotted up the area with cleaning rags. Already it was almost gone. I then used the solution to scrub the area, gave it a final wipe with a fresh wet rag and blotted the area again. No stain, no smell. Easiest cleanup I've had in 15 years of dogs :) (09/16/2009)

By kidsanddogs

Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

As a final step to these great cleaning methods use your wet vac! It takes the place of the blotting, it's powerful, and accomplishes the same thing as a steam rug cleaner. I have had great results with this just saturating with hot water on many stains, but afterward using cleaning formula helped get rid of final smell. (12/30/2009)

By geeverny

Pug puppy wearing devil horns and tail costume laying with head down next to cleaning bucket with rubber gloves, sponges, and various cleaning supplies
Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Dog Poop Bag Dispenser
Making a Dog Poop Bag Dispenser
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎉
🎄