Cleaning Dog Saliva from Microfiber Couch

My dog loves to take his chew toys onto my microfiber couch. Unfortunately, his saliva makes the couch wet and it seems like it has matted down the microfiber. Now I have whitish stains on my chocolate brown couch, and the fiber is matted down. A friend of mine washes her microfiber cushion covers in the washing machine. That just seems like it would mat down the fibers even more. Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this?

Merlynda from San Diego, CA

Answers:

I dab ours with rubbing alcohol. It seems to work. (10/03/2007)

By SusannL

I have the same problem! I just couldn't stand it anymore and removed one of the cushions and put it in the washing machine on the most delicate cycle I have for a very short time with just a drop of detergent. I then put it in the dryer on air only (no heat). It turned out great and I plan on doing the others now. (10/03/2007)

By Sara

Two things; 1) no fabric softener, and 2) use a garment brush after you put the covers back on to smooth the fabric back to a like-new appearance. Lacking a garment brush, use your vacuum with the upholstery brush attached. (10/05/2007)

By purrplekat

Microfiber Couch.
Cleaning Dog Drool from Microfiber
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
🎉
🎄