Cleaning Down Filled Pillows

I have quite a few pillows with down pillows which need to be cleaned. No idea how to do that. Please give me some advice. And Thanks in advance.

AskLiz

Answers:

Cleaning Down Filled Pillows

I take my down comforter to the dry cleaner, they do a great job and it is not expensive.

(04/24/2005)

By Ingrid

Cleaning Down Filled Pillows

Try putting them one at a time into your clothes dryer with two damp (but wrung out) face cloths, a dryer sheet and 4- 6 clean tennis balls. New ones are better, but you definitely do not want one that has been lying around and is discolored, it will stain your pillow. The face cloths and dryer sheet will freshen your pillow, and the tennis balls will fluff it right back up.

(04/24/2005)

By Karen

Cleaning Down Filled Pillows

While dry cleaning is fine and less hassle, you can save money by washing them in your washing machine, then drying them in the dryer with a tennis shoe or some tennis balls which break up the clumps of feathers and helps to fluff them up. Just be sure that the seams on the pillows are secure or you may get a feather snowstorm when you open the dryer! (04/27/2005)

By Claudia

Cleaning Down Filled Pillows

I wouldn't recommend putting any pillow filled with organic matter (ie- feathers) into the washing machine. Because if even one feather retains moisture after a spin through the dryer, you now have a beautiful breeding ground for bacteria. Remember the conditions for bacterial growth: 1)moisture, 2) food (like feathers or down), and 3) heat (which is added as soon as you sleep on your newly laundered pillows). If your pillows absolutely must be cleaned, instead of freshened, then I would definitely go with the dry cleaner. The fluid they use is not water, and so would not contribute to microbial growth under your (sleeping) nose. (04/27/2005)

By Karen

A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow
A while down pillow.
Washing Down Pillows
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Microfiber Pillow
Cleaning Microfiber Pillows
Cleaning Pillows
Cleaning Bed Pillows
🎄