Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home

How do you wash a down jacket that says "dry clean only" at home?

Herbal from Louisville, KY

Okay, this will not work for anything but a down jacket or down slippers. But I live in Colorado and have had many a down jacket. This is how we clean them; Wash in cold water in Woolite. Spin in the washer twice to remove as much water as you can. Pop into dryer with tennis balls or a tennis shoe to fluff the jacket as it dries. Works every time and I have cleaned down jackets that have even been thrown up on. (01/05/2007)

By Debra in Colorado

I use Dryel "At Home Dry Cleaning" on everything that says "dry clean only." I haven't been to the dry cleaner in 2 years. You can find it at the grocery store and just follow the instructions on the container. (01/05/2007)

By CarlaJS

Wool Sweater
Removing Stains From Wool Clothing
Row of clothes hung up at a dry cleaners.
Saving Money on Dry Cleaning
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home, Row of Dry Cleaned Shirts
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing